Base your decision on color as well as how much light output you want.
4300k D2S Philips = 3200lm (lumens)
4300k D2R Philips = 2800lm (lumens)
4300k D2S Philips = 2400lm (lumens) actually 5800k
4300k D2R Philips = 2000lm (lumens) actually 5800k
4800k D4S/R (brand) = 3800 (lumens) -- brightest...
***THIS WRITE UP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HID LIGHTS, ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO DO NOT HAVE FACTORY LIGHTS AND WANT TO ADD THEM***
I finally got all the parts together and the time to do it! This will work for the wiring of after market lights as well.
I will list the parts I used, where I got them...
1. Head lamp (Highbeam) - H1 55w
2. Projection Head lamp (Lowbeam) - H11B
or HID Head lamp (Lowbeam) - D1S 35w
3. Front turn signal lamp - 2357 28/8w amber; (note: 1157 replacement bulbs will fit right in and work just as well)
4. Front side marker - 194 5w clear
5. Front fog lamp - 881 27w...