Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started off my journey this year to the Solo Nationals on Tuesday after work. Getting very short on time off with all the travel and budget so I drove till I was about an hour outside of Lincoln and slept in my truck at a rest area...me and my XD-M that is . I woke up Wednesday and drove the hour or so and got registered, tech'd and hung around to eye up the West course as much as possible prior to running on Thursday. After the fifth heat finished, I walked the course a few times and headed to the hotel to crash and get some good sleep. My car was mostly prepped for stock class with a Buschur custom cat back exhaust, K&N drop in, and an Alignment Guy alignment. However, since the car was eating $310 Hoosiers up front in only a dozen or so runs, the majority of the season I was on street tires. It was my third time on race rubber and I was also missing out on aftermarket struts/shocks. I still managed to land in the last trophy spot (6th) out of 18 cars after the first day. Friday, another driver moved up that should have been in first after day one and that put me and another driver in a battle for the last trophy spot. He led me by .022 seconds going into Friday. I had jumped up all the way to the third spot on my final run and then the drivers after me started also dropping time. I bounced back to the last trophy spot but was still almost .4 seconds ahead of the guy who led me on Thursday. That was until his third run. He ran .010 seconds faster than me on his third run and beat me by .032 seconds after the combined two day times. So, so close. Many people said that the Coupe should have been in D Stock class this year and I wish it would have been as I would have finished 5th out of 25 instead. All in all though a good showing for a car that was not fully prepped and somewhat limited seat time.

A few of the guys at Nats from Milwaukee said they were going to head back Friday night to make the first Street Tire Nationals in Milwaukee on Saturday. I had a room booked for Friday night as I hadn't planned on driving back and then after they talked to me...I was convinced that I need to man up and make a showing. I packed up and headed out for Milwaukee at 6:00 p.m. on Friday night...drove...and drove...and drove until I was about an hour outside of Milwaukee and needed to pull over and crash. I slept for about three hours at a rest area and then back up and driving again. I was completely exhausted on Saturday after three days of sun and 600 miles of driving but still managed to pull off a 6th place finish on OEM tires out of 59 cars in the RWD street tire class. Luckily for me, my parents and son drove down Saturday late afternoon in their RV and I got another decent night's sleep. I ran a normal points race on Sunday and placed third out of 36 in the RWD street tire class (again on OEM rubber).

A HUGE thank you to Buschur Racing for the kick ass exhaust, to Chuck at PCS for the awesome powder coating job, to the Alignment Guy, and most of all to my family and friends for their never ending support and help.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Congrats Trev on your placement overall, esp considering the lack of sleep, exhaustion & limited experience. Everytime I read one of your threads, it gets me pumped up. I can't wait until its my turn.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats Trev on your placement overall, esp considering the lack of sleep, exhaustion & limited experience. Everytime I read one of your threads, it gets me pumped up. I can't wait until its my turn.
Thanks! I am really looking forward to seeing more participation from other owners including yourself :shifting:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Thanks! I am really looking forward to seeing more participation from other owners including yourself :shifting:
This is what I'm all about & the primary reason for me purchasing this car. If I can just be patient my dream will come true. I wanna race...LoL

·
Registered
312 Posts
same here that's all i wanna do in life. drift and race

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am with both of you guys...short of my family, I live to race.

We had our final local event of the season this past weekend. I was waiting for the results before I posted about it. It was the 49th Annual Oktoberfest event and it is the longest running Autox in the country. I cannot believe it started back in 1960! I wanted to make sure I did well so I ran my race rubber. I ended up running FTD in a G Stock car by 1.2 seconds and also PAX'd first by 1.2 seconds. There were 34 drivers at the event including myself.

With this last event in the bag, I also placed 1st in G Stock for the year in the Land O' Lake region.

Here are the results...
http://www.scclac.org/wp-content/uploads/2009-09-20-results.pdf

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Great stuff as always Trevor! Heck of a schedule you had on your plate there. Way to step up and do what you do!

You definitely put on a good showing of what Buschur Racing is about and that is RESULTS. We're glad to have you as a stand up fellow racer, team member and more importantly a great friend. You have been campaigning the life out of that Coupe this year and putting it on the map.

Great job again buddy!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Congrats on your placing 1st overall for the year & your great finish for tha local AutoX event. Keep it up, because my hope is to see GenCoupes taking down top finishes at all kinds of events at all different levels.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys...the car definitely commanded some attention at all the events I went to. I can only think of one negative comment and that was about the looks from some douche bag.

Jrod you are a great friend and I appreciate you being there from the beginning and believing in me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.