1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gencoupe 3.8MT(stock) 1/4mile test

car: genesis coupe 3.8MT(stock) with premium fuel

I tested 1/4mile running 2 times and got 14.17s
road condition is not so bad inspite of temperature(-2 degree)

0-60mile/h was 5.56s
my best record of 0-60mile/h is 5.47s

I would like to thank sunwoox & gencoupe.com for the info

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
It was also -2 degrees. That'll skew the numbers quite a bit.
Yeah but the 0-60 times indicate that this should be a mid 13's not a low 14s car.. I'm hoping this car was going up hill or something. I would think the -2 degrees just means that it should have made more power? Who knows.. :dunno:

·
Registered
70 Posts
-2 degrees equal -12F or so and tires cannot grip like during summer. Also the air density makes maybe the car breath a bit better (not sure how the EGR valve is working in this situation) however the higher air density is stopping the car even more. I guess the best time to do 1/4 miles race is a "cold" night of a hot summer day.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
-2 degrees equal -12F or so and tires cannot grip like during summer. Also the air density makes maybe the car breath a bit better (not sure how the EGR valve is working in this situation) however the higher air density is stopping the car even more. I guess the best time to do 1/4 miles race is a "cold" night of a hot summer day.
Ya you got some good points Sebas. I guess it's just important to keep in mind we don't have all the variables and the testing setup is probably not ideal. Even if the times are accurate and correct, the US spec version is going to be different anyways, with the option to use premium fuel and a proper track and testing equipment to give us accurate results. Time will tell..

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
With a 100mph+ trap speed it very well could.. E.T. is more dependent on what the driver can do rather than what the car is capable of..
That's why I can't wait for some real track times, to put this to rest and see what the car is potentially capable.. oh by the way, welcome to the forums! Take a min and introduce yourself in the Members section..
:)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Seems to take to supercharging OK, so if you are game for nitrous......

I personally do not know much about Nitrous but I do seem to see quite a few cars go KABOOM while running it.
Nitrous is really no different than any other type of power enhancer... if done wrong, you can hurt your engine... For simplicity Nitrous can't be beat.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Should be ok as long as you got the fuel to go with it and control timing to prevent detonation.. You going to be the first to try? :D
HAHA, I doubt I'll be the first to try.. IF I get one, it wont be until next year at the earliest to see what problems arise from them.. I'm not even in the position yet to buy a new car..

I bet they could take a 125 shot like a champ.. Throw some type of intake and exhaust on there along with some sticky tires.. I bet it could break into the 11s.. OOOOoooo.. Damn me for my thinking..

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
HAHA, I doubt I'll be the first to try.. IF I get one, it wont be until next year at the earliest to see what problems arise from them.. I'm not even in the position yet to buy a new car..

I bet they could take a 125 shot like a champ.. Throw some type of intake and exhaust on there along with some sticky tires.. I bet it could break into the 11s.. OOOOoooo.. Damn me for my thinking..
11's, shoot I'm hoping Buschur and/or RealTune get these suckers into the 9s.. :) and because they have so much time on their hands, they'll build a v6 all out drag machine that'll run 8's! lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.