Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well as you know that the competition is out their. This all ready grew on me. With the base v6 genesis coupe hovering around $25,000 at 310hp and the base nissan 370z is around $28,000 with 332hp. I hate waiting. But i can be patient for a few more months :p

But this uhhhh, unless you cover up the triangle shaped corners of the headlight to look like the old 350z.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Me too..

Hard to wait for new car coming

Had 350Z before, so not interest going 370Z

Older GTR Skylines had GTS-t engine with same look of GTR body...but, don't believe they have for new ones.

370Z is just last F/L of Z series until they replace whole platform...personally, not worth it..especially 2 seaters.

·
Registered
83 Posts
as much as i love my nissans, im not a Z man. I'll consider nissan's entry into the $20k rwd market when it ever comes out. I'd assume it will not carry the "sx" nameplate or silvia :( U'd think with the diverse FM platform, a smaller based z with a turbo 4, nissan would be running to the gates :(

I will say the GTR however has always been my passion and will continue to be :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I do to like the way these pictures look. All you have to to is cover up the triangular corners of the headlight to look like the old 350z. This will have aftermarket all over it. Especially stillen, who makes street legal supercharger kits. Depending on which kit. But stage 2 according to to their website. U can't t complain about that.!!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I like the new 370Z much better than the 350Z due to the overall look pays more homeage to it's heritage. If you look at the profile, it looks more like the original 240Z, which is sexy. The headlamps & taillamps are growing on me, but that bubble but that looks like a Chrysler Crossfire or Porche 928 which I think is ugly. The front maw (shark tooth bumper) isn't that bad either. The shorter, lighter, quicker package is definately a plus.
But I'm looking for: 1st) a Hyundai, 2nd) a 2+2, 3rd) little bigger car, 4th) lower price tag, 5th) different look.
So, even though I wouldn't blame anyone for getting the new 370Z, I'm sticking with the GenCoupe.:rofl:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Well as you know that the competition is out their. This all ready grew on me. With the base v6 genesis coupe hovering around $25,000 at 310hp and the base nissan 370z is around $28,000 with 332hp. I hate waiting. But i can be patient for a few more months :p

But this uhhhh, unless you cover up the triangle shaped corners of the headlight to look like the old 350z.
I think the base price is a tad higher on the 370z. On the Nissan website it shows a $29,930 "starting price". Also better warranty on the Gcoupe, can sit 4 people versus 2, and weighs about the same but costs about ~$5gs less, I'll take the Gcoupe! :)

But I'm looking for: 1st) a Hyundai, 2nd) a 2+2, 3rd) little bigger car, 4th) lower price tag, 5th) different look.
So, even though I wouldn't blame anyone for getting the new 370Z, I'm sticking with the GenCoupe.:rofl:
Things I am looking at for these types of cars (Genesis Coupe, 370z, etc):

1) Value
2) Safety
3) Handling
4) Turbocharger!

The 370z looks like a great car but you can't beat the value that the new Genesis Coupe appears to bring to the table.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
370z update - Branew to unveil tuner version...

Branew to unveil tuner kit for new 370Z

Nissan sportscars - the Z included - are a popular base for tuners, so it should come as no surprise that, with the newly revised 370Z just revealed, the JDM aftermarket is already lining up with their range of extras. Next up to bat is Branew, the Japanese tuner whose GT-R we spotted at SEMA wearing giant 23-inch rims.

The Branew 370Z offers a remapped ECU, tightened suspension and upgraded brakes, as well as an aero package complete with front spoiler, side skirts, rear diffuser and wing. A variety of wheel options in various unreasonable sizes are also expected to be offered when Branew unveils the full package in January at the Tokyo Auto Salon. In the meantime, you can check out the pair of images in the gallery below.
Autoblog

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
3 new 370Z commercials

VIDEO: Three new 370Z commercials - Autoblog
Three video spots for the new Nissan 370Z show the marque is serious about reclaiming some of the genuine sports car credentials that were crushed underneath the weight of the last version. Apparently done before Nissan changed its tagline to "Shift_the way you move," these are straight up about shifting desire at high speed from one point to another. One of them is a Japanese market commercial, which means lots of clouds and piano music, but the rest are all Six Million Dollar Man: better, faster, stronger. Follow the jump

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
bah the 370z is over-rated and too heavy. They took two seats out and it still weighs over 3,500 lbs.
Actually: quote from Edmunds Inside Line
"All that shrinkage helps this Z shed a few pounds. A base-model 370Z with a manual transmission weighs in at 3,232 pounds. That's 88 pounds less than a base-model 2008 Nissan 350Z with a manual transmission. Even the heaviest 370Z still weighs just 3,314 pounds."

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the car, although it's the best looking Z car I've seen in years, I'm definately head over heels for the GenCoupe, but I do give respect where it is due. The 370Z is a respectable competitor even though it's not a 2+2. The G37, "the upscaled Z car" is definately the strongest competition to the GenCoupe. If they were the same price, I would still pick the Hyundai, because it's a Hyundai.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Actually: quote from Edmunds Inside Line
"All that shrinkage helps this Z shed a few pounds. A base-model 370Z with a manual transmission weighs in at 3,232 pounds. That's 88 pounds less than a base-model 2008 Nissan 350Z with a manual transmission. Even the heaviest 370Z still weighs just 3,314 pounds."

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the car, although it's the best looking Z car I've seen in years, I'm definately head over heels for the GenCoupe, but I do give respect where it is due. The 370Z is a respectable competitor even though it's not a 2+2. The G37, "the upscaled Z car" is definately the strongest competition to the GenCoupe. If they were the same price, I would still pick the Hyundai, because it's a Hyundai.
Interesting, at ~3,400lbs the V6 Genesis won't be a whole lot heavier than the 370z but more importantly it will be quite a bit cheaper. I think the G37 actually weighs about what turbocpe says but I'm not sure. Overall I'd rather have a 2+2, something I can take my wife and daughter for a ride at the same time and know it will be a safe car.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Nismo 370Z

Nissan's latest Z-car has hit the ground running in the U.S. and Nissan may begin stirring the pot to ratchet up excitement another notch. Although we usually have to wait for the extra goodies launched in Japan to make the trek to the States, rumor has it that the factory NISMO S-Tune kit will migrate over the Pacific in short order. In addition to the coupe's already aggressive bodywork, a ground effects kit designed to improve aerodynamics will be part of the package, along with a new set of deep dish, five-spoke aluminum wheels and upgraded suspension and brake kits. A cat-back exhaust system rounds out the bits and pieces. If the rumors hold true, we can expect to see the NISMO S-Tune 370Z kits on dealer shelves sometime in June.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Yeah i've always thought them as Touring type cars... actually now that I think about it, what is the main differences between Touring and Performance. size? weight? power? price?

In any case, at a base of ~$30,000 the 370z is not that great of a value, IMO. It looks nice though:

Nismo S-Tune (Should add another $5,000 to the base price.)

·
Registered
31 Posts
just read a Motortrend article on the 370z, they got some impressive numbers, 4.7 0-60 and a 13.3 1/4 mile.

2009 Nissan 370Z - First Test numbers for the new Nissan 370Z - Motor Trend

I don't really consider the 370z a direct competitor anymore though, not since it is now a 2 seater. It still costs more too, tested estimated price was ~$35,000 and a fully optioned one will cost in the mid $40gs~

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.