Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may already be on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it so posted.

Power: 387.89 whp

Torque : 357.89 lb/ft

Engine Internals : Stock

Intercooler: SUPERDRIFT ic6020
BOV: SUPERDRIFT CHIC BOV
Diffuser, Downpipe, rear end: JUN.B.L 76 pipe
Manifold: JUN.B.L one bend 3T
Turbo: 2871RT
Boost: 1.4 Bar
Injector: Siemens 630cc
Filter: ITG Orange ball
Intake: Pross custom
Piping: Pross custom
Maping and installation: Pross

originally posted by Galbi on gencoupe

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Nice numbers but they really moved the power band up the RPM range. I guess this is good for racing, not so good on the street IMO. Nice to see those numbers on stock internals though, that should be close to your goal TUFAST, and it looks pretty reasonable to obtain overall!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's just over 20 Psi, I'm pretty sure I read on a forum somewhere and confirmed from the master tech that the internals are good to 20 PSI. Guess they will test that out for us. Those numbers wouldn't be that bad for the street, 200+ HP at 4k RPM most of the stock + boost controller are just barley catching 200 HP at redline. They may get you off the line but you'll pass them in second. The car only be released in the US for just over a month and they have already doubled the HP without opening the block. Not too bad but before I buy any kits for my car I want to see how durable these internals and seals are going to be. I'm also interested in how well that car drives with that much power on a stock gearing.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice numbers but they really moved the power band up the RPM range. I guess this is good for racing, not so good on the street IMO. Nice to see those numbers on stock internals though, that should be close to your goal TUFAST, and it looks pretty reasonable to obtain overall!!
Yeah, I was happy to see the peak #s approaching my goal & using a 2871, but I'm not totally sold on the curve or rpm range it comes on at. Considering it's a 2871, I would expect it to come on much sooner & I would like a flatter plateau for curve w/o that dip at 5,500rpms.

That's just over 20 Psi, I'm pretty sure I read on a forum somewhere and confirmed from the master tech that the internals are good to 20 PSI. Guess they will test that out for us.

Hyundai originally announced the engine would be good up to 29psi stock, although I'm not that ballsy

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hyundai originally announced the engine would be good up to 29psi stock, although I'm not that ballsy

I know that's the block itself, but the internals are different I believe I look it up again.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts
what? Torque : 357.89 lb/ft are you serious? thats nuts!

·
Registered
275 Posts
I know that's the block itself, but the internals are different I believe I look it up again.
i dont remember where i saw this but i thought the stock rods were beefier then the evo x rods!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
275 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Shouldnt be an issue really, I'm sure there will be part solutions from the aftermarket as well as maybe some swapping of evo parts. I'd like to see a side by side of the evo internals and the gen internals and some measurements with a micrometer. I'm not saying the internals are the same or that they will just bolt right in but one can hope they're interchangable right?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shouldnt be an issue really, I'm sure there will be part solutions from the aftermarket as well as maybe some swapping of evo parts. I'd like to see a side by side of the evo internals and the gen internals and some measurements with a micrometer. I'm not saying the internals are the same or that they will just bolt right in but one can hope they're interchangable right?
I've seen them side-by-side in a pic, but can't recall where in the mountain of info. In the pic, the GenCoupe's looked a little beefier IMO, but if not forged I would have to pick EvoX internals over GenCoupes.

Even without being forged I believe & BeyondRedline confirmed that the stock stuff looks good until about 400whp, which more than most are shooting for and about what I want. I will replace the internals as precautionary measure though. I plan on beating on this car for a while and it's cheaper to replace internals early on, than whole engine later on...LoL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts