Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
check this bought my evo in aug 07 with 3000 miles on it, blew the first motor in october 07 and it was down till feb 08, and at that time my work commute was 30 miles a day m-f

so from
aug07-oct-07
and
feb08- july08
which is 7-8 months of my evo running i hit 30k miles

idk how i put on 27k miles on the car in 8 months time ???......all i gotta say is booty calls and partying take up alot more then i thought!

im trying to tone it down this year so far from aug08-oct08 -blown 2nd engine, then running again from jan09-current im at 34k on the dot today.

freakin california makes u drive everywhere

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
^^ holy crap man, 27,000 miles in 8 months.. the only other person I know that has put that many miles in such a short amount of time is my father-in-law,he used to put ~15000 miles a month when he was hauling 5th wheels across the country.. When he sold his f350 he had almost 500,000 miles and he only owned the truck for about 3 years..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Mini Speeder
212 Posts
hey, my dad's brand new 07 hyundai entourage. now= +87k miles. --->all within los angeles<---
no, the car has never left the county of LA/OC.... sadness.
and he complains that his automatic door breaks down. -sigh-

on a side note, what's the least-costless way to get rid of that car??
i'm told the blue book price was around $9k.... and trade in value of $7k.........
and my dad's still paying it off thru finance........... :'(

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
hey, my dad's brand new 07 hyundai entourage. now= +87k miles. --->all within los angeles<---
no, the car has never left the county of LA/OC.... sadness.
and he complains that his automatic door breaks down. -sigh-

on a side note, what's the least-costless way to get rid of that car??
i'm told the blue book price was around $9k.... and trade in value of $7k.........
and my dad's still paying it off thru finance........... :'(
I would try Craigslist (free), he can keep relisting it until it sells... or maybe trade it in to get a new Hyundai! He might get a good deal..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
^^ holy crap man, 27,000 miles in 8 months.. the only other person I know that has put that many miles in such a short amount of time is my father-in-law,he used to put ~15000 miles a month when he was hauling 5th wheels across the country.. When he sold his f350 he had almost 500,000 miles and he only owned the truck for about 3 years..
and ya i drive alot and....and after thining it all out it is the damn booty calls it just hit me. and after my second engine blew i cut alot of them....which is y i probably dont have as many mile in such a shot time span now lol.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Wow! Yeah thats some severe mileage. I do normally 14k a year.

On my "toy" car (which the Coupe will be) I normally dont see anymore than 3000. Just depends how nice the weather is and if Im around to drive it or chose to over riding the motorcycle.

·
Registered
155 Posts

On my "toy" car (which the Coupe will be) I normally dont see anymore than 3000. Just depends how nice the weather is and if Im around to drive it or chose to over riding the motorcycle.
u would have a bike lol! id love to have one but im just too damn scared of them especially with how people drive out here in socal fuckin dangerous man. most of my car friends went to bikes and all of them have fallen thankfully not killed but every other week i see some bulleting on myspace about someone they know or rode with falling down for there last time if you get wat i mean and its depressing.

also imma a big guy at 310lbs so thats just one more reason to keep me off :-(

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

+1...I drive about 14k/yr on the bimmer. Once my jeeps done, it'll see about 3-5k/yr, & once I get the ReSpect GenCoupe, it'll see about 3-5k/yr. So, the mileage on the BMW should drop once I start driving these other cars. The 65' Mustang is going up for sale - too many toys LoL...

u would have a bike lol! id love to have one but im just too damn scared of them especially with how people drive out here in socal fuckin dangerous man. most of my car friends went to bikes and all of them have fallen thankfully not killed but every other week i see some bulleting on myspace about someone they know or rode with falling down for there last time if you get wat i mean and its depressing.

+1....My uncle was killed on one when I was young & my parents shied me away from them. Once in my teens, I almost ran someone over on 2 seperate occasions on bikes, just that hard to see in blind spots, etc. I decided to stay away from street bikes because I don't trust the other drivers on the road. But, give me a dirt bike or 4 wheeler & I'll tear shit up & catch air doing it...:shifting:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
+1...I drive about 14k/yr on the bimmer. Once my jeeps done, it'll see about 3-5k/yr, & once I get the ReSpect GenCoupe, it'll see about 3-5k/yr. So, the mileage on the BMW should drop once I start driving these other cars. The 65' Mustang is going up for sale - too many toys LoL...

+1....My uncle was killed on one when I was young & my parents shied me away from them. Once in my teens, I almost ran someone over on 2 seperate occasions on bikes, just that hard to see in blind spots, etc. I decided to stay away from street bikes because I don't trust the other drivers on the road. But, give me a dirt bike or 4 wheeler & I'll tear shit up & catch air doing it...:shifting:
I crashed a yahmaha 450 Dirt Bike through a wired Fence a year and a half ago and have some permamnent scars on my left shin from it. One of the scariest things I ever did but I would have rather crashed into that than the Bike trailer that I dodged just in time which is why I hit the fence.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I crashed a yahmaha 450 Dirt Bike through a wired Fence a year and a half ago and have some permamnent scars on my left shin from it. One of the scariest things I ever did but I would have rather crashed into that than the Bike trailer that I dodged just in time which is why I hit the fence.
Yeah, but that was your fault, no one else to blame. What if instead a car that weighed 10 times you & your bike ran you over? If I wreck my 450R, it's because I fucked up, not someone else. That's the difference IMO. Sorry to hear about your accident bro & glad to know your ok except for some scars. I've got plenty of them from riding over the years. Now I'm almost 40, I don't ride near as much or near as hard as I used to.

Oh yeah, Audio sorry about chewing your thread to pieces bro. 50k is alot of miles in that short of time, but like they said, it's a Honda, just gettin' brokin' in...LoL

bam, what the hell, I just noticed that you said you had to put a new engine in your Evo like right off the bat. What's up with that?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts

Yeah I love my bike man. '07 GSXR 750. Here is the gixxer and my parking lot stunter Honda 50.

Bikes are dangerous but if you're scared you definitely shouldnt get on one. Its the best way to get hurt is to ride scared. I say a prayer everytime I get on mine before I ride that God would keep me safe and away from harm. The big man comes through everytime.

Ive lost friends/riding buddies but riding a bike is like nothing else. Its relaxing. Out cruising on a nice summer day/night doesnt compare to ANYTHING with a car. I trust god to bring me home safely and dont let worry and fear go through my head but instead enjoy my time riding.

Big guys ride big guy bikes.... ZX-14 or Hayabusa. I know a dude pushing 350 who rides a Busa. Heck i know a guy who when he first started riding weighed in about 330 and rode and R6. It was pretty darn funny actually. The bike looked TINY. lol

Sorry to hear about your Uncle buddy.

Other drivers 98% of the time are why Motorcyclists are injured/killed. Im very defensive when I ride. I also have a bright freakin HID headlight that if you cant see in the day or night you're BLIND. If someone hits me they better hope they do a good job because if I get up you better believe you're catching a beat down on the side of the road.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Wow, that's crazy miles! I also have a bike, a 2006 Suzuki SV1000. The comment that Jarod made about riding scared is very true. I was in an accident once because another driver didn't see me, and cut me off. I ended up rear ending him cuz he came from the left lane into my lane and hit the brakes so he could make a right turn. That was towards the end of the season, so I stayed off till the next spring, but once the weather warmed up, I got the itch bad and had to get back on. I still love riding, and during the summer months, my car hardly ever gets used. Between April and November last summer, my car only saw 600 miles, while my motorcycle saw almost 3k, and this year it should be even higher cuz I have a longer commute to work now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.