Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I know it costs some power but I still prefer the dual sided exhaust over the single. Must be left over from my muscle car days. A single just does not compute for my brain.

·
Registered
115 Posts
do you actually lose enough power to make any kind of difference? only if the only way you enjoy your car is puttin out the highest possible dyno numbers... definately stickin w the dual exhaust... just looks sooooo much better than havin that open hole on the other side where the other outlet was

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If I was getting the 6 cyl, I would run duals all the way back. But, since I'm getting the 2.0t, I'm running 3" single all the way back until the rear muffler, which will have one inlet & 2 exits, one on each side for the duals going to dual tips.

That's right 4circles hanging out the back of my 4 banger. Since only at the very end will there be additional piping, it should not add much weight over a straight singe pipe single exaust, considering I just removed all that weight of the factory exaust. I just love the way a M3 looks from the rear with the quad exaust & I've gotta have that look.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Its hard for me to believe that first picture is the factory one. The welds and design are a bit too "different" to be OEM.

I could be wrong but going out on a limb and saying thats aftermarket.
I believe you are correct, I may have made a booboo there. Anyways, I've got a good pick of the factory exaust, just give me a minute to find it. Thanks. LoL
In the mean time, I'll delete that heading...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
14 Posts
If they come out with something like the Trust DD exhaust I'll buy it. Single 3" from the cat to a single in dual out resonator to 2 2.5" out the rear, you'd need 2 nice dual tips to get the 4 look but it would be as unrestricted as a single exhaust with awesome ground clearance. It also wouldn't be too raspy. Make it titanium and it'll weigh under 10 lbs

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If they come out with something like the Trust DD exhaust I'll buy it. Single 3" from the cat to a single in dual out resonator to 2 2.5" out the rear, you'd need 2 nice dual tips to get the 4 look but it would be as unrestricted as a single exhaust with awesome ground clearance. It also wouldn't be too raspy. Make it titanium and it'll weigh under 10 lbs
Sounds like you're on to something there, might have to borrow some of your idea.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I wonder if an H or X pipe for the V6 will have any benefit in performance like it can with the V8s... It seems there would be plenty of room for one.. hmmm..
Yes, it will help any engine that has 2 banks. This is because it allows equal exaust pressure to be obtained through the crossing of the 2 sides. Therefore, if one side is flowing more freely than the other side, it will have an opportunity to gain from that by using that other exaust pipe thus reducing back pressure. In the end keeping both sides equal allowing a freer flowing system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.