Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my second venture out to join Gamz and Spool2go at Scotiabank Place for the bi-weekly Motorsport Club of Ottawa Autocross, at the home of the Ottawa Senators.

I finally got out and did some ride-alongs (both Chris and Geo took me out, as did their buddy in his Legacy 2.5GT Wagon), and I gotta tell ya, it's definitely not going to be long before I take my own wheels out and flog it around the cones.

That said, what everyone cares about is the pictures. :)

I really dig this one, and cheesily enough, I called it "Eye of the Tiger" *grin* There ya go, Chris, you're concentrating, and everyone knows it!

Of course, Chris wasn't the only one on the track. For his first time out, Geo did stunningly well: I'm pretty sure I'd have held back too much: he gave it EVERYTHING, full boots, all the time. Of course, this led to a couple of spins which slowed him somewhat on a couple of laps, however, when he got it right, it was a thing of beauty to watch:

This was one of those times when it got a little sideways, but it was fantstic to watch! And, Geol's recovery was excellent.

The Gen's weren't the only cars out there, though. Again, a multitude of BMW's, Toyota's, Hyundai's, Mazda's, and others:

I was lucky enough to be in the passenger seat for Chris's best lap of the day: and holy crap. I kept meaning to try to look over at the speedo, but I just never got chance.

I was, however, starting to look at the cones and how they direct you, so, I'm starting to prepare to go out myself, too. It'll be at least Labour Day weekend before I get to go out again, and when that weekend rolls around, I gotta decide whether I'm going for it or not.

Enjoy, and if you wanna see any of the pics larger, just look for them over on my flickr site.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good pics as always & glad to see ya'll had fun. You gotta get your car on the track, but beware.....its addictive.
Yeah, it's the addiction that worries me. :D But I always promised myself I'd take it out and REALLY wring it out once in a while, if I got it, so I kinda have to.

I was all worried about tire wear on the hankooks, but I hadn't realized how low the wear rating on the stock GT/Track 19's are! Comparatively, I should be good for ages on the Hankooks with a 280 wear rating.

So, there goes THAT excuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.