·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
:WTF2:

You meant to say..... EBAY Intercooler Pictures. Right?

Not impressed with that. We dyno tested those cores for some of the Evo's guys that said they perform great, etc.... Definitely NOT the case. They are JUNK.

No big power there thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

Not impressed with that. We dyno tested those cores for some of the Evo's guys that said they perform great, etc.... Definitely NOT the case. They are JUNK.

JRod counting on you to come up with some quality stuff. I'm the type that likes to spend my money once & not have to keep on replacing the same parts. I don't care if it costs more initially as long as it's worth it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

Thats first thing came across my mind, but I didn't want to offend anyone.

However, instead of investing $1,000 just for the intercooler, I rather spend on something else and just get those $100 intercooler from Ebay.

They actually look smoother than above ones

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
what bigger isn't better? :) I'd agree the ebay intercoolers aren't the best but sometimes you can find some good deals. I guess for most of us there will be a compromise between performance and price.
I may not be able to afford the best always, but I'm patient & I'll save to get what I really want. Nothing pisses me off more than having to buy something twice, whether it be to upgrade to what I should of gotten in the 1st place or to replace due to failure of what I should gotten the 1st time. Quality always wins in my book, esp when it comes to auto parts, since you also have to figure in the labor a 2nd time as well.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Here is a thread from our forums with some different FMIC testing: http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20445&highlight=fmic+testing

JRod counting on you to come up with some quality stuff. I'm the type that likes to spend my money once & not have to keep on replacing the same parts. I don't care if it costs more initially as long as it's worth it.
I agree with you and not just from a business stand point but more from a consumer. I am the same way when I go to the store to buy something or when I buy a part for my bike. I do alot of research and if I dont have the cash for what I TRULY want I will wait and buy what I want when I have the cash and something thats been proven to work or has had the best reviews.

We will definitely offer quality parts and offer you guys the best bang for the buck parts. We have always been about offering a superior at a "lower" price but we are ALWAYS about the power.

Thats first thing came across my mind, but I didn't want to offend anyone.

However, instead of investing $1,000 just for the intercooler, I rather spend on something else and just get those $100 intercooler from Ebay.

They actually look smoother than above ones
I was not trying to hurt anyones feeling so I apologize if I did.

As for spending your money on a car part... its like anything. You get what you pay for. Like the old saying goes "You have to pay to play!".

As for looking "smoother"..... Im not quite sure what that means but I can say one thing ive learned in my 5 & 1/2 years of working here at the shop looks do not make power. Its all in the design of the FMIC, the end tanks, quality of the FMIC core, piping, etc... I can GUARANTEE... that some cheap no name brand will NEVER out perform a Garrett core and thats all that we use for every FMIC kit we build. Thats what will be on the Coupe as well.

what bigger isn't better? :) I'd agree the ebay intercoolers aren't the best but sometimes you can find some good deals. I guess for most of us there will be a compromise between performance and price.
As I said... we will offer you guys the best bang for the buck we can and what you will get is parts that have been researched & developed, dyno tested, etc.... If you look at our Evo parts line up you may think "Some of that stuff is pricey." but if you look at some competitors you will see their stuff is even more while getting close to the same results or even less. We are currently powering more 9second Evo's than ANY other shop.

9 times out of 10 the only way you will get a TRUE performance part at a deal off of Ebay is if it is something that was previously used from a reputable company. Buying no name stuff with no testing behind it is just asking for trouble, poor results, etc....

I may not be able to afford the best always, but I'm patient & I'll save to get what I really want. Nothing pisses me off more than having to buy something twice, whether it be to upgrade to what I should of gotten in the 1st place or to replace due to failure of what I should gotten the 1st time. Quality always wins in my book, esp when it comes to auto parts, since you also have to figure in the labor a 2nd time as well.
This is a very good post. I have seen MANY people do this same thing where they buy something and then when they find out that doesnt work they try something else until they just spend a little extra and get the results that they are looking for. Many times FMIC's and Exhaust systems being the 2 main items. It really does stink to watch people spend their hard earned money over and over before they are happy.

Its the same with clutches.... I really do understand that some people do not have the extra cash to spend $1700 on an Exedy clutch at the time so they opt for the $600 for "Brand X". Now take into account the Exedy comes with a lighter flywheel, can be rebuilt when the time comes, holds up to much more abuse, etc... the "Brand X" is just a normal clutch to get you by for the time being while being an upgrade its something that you will throw away when it takes a dump, you would spend another $500 for a flywheel and then you will be stuck buying another clutch down the road when it doesnt hold up to the abuse/power you're throwing at it when you could have been done in one shot and be further ahead from the start. Its all things you have to consider when modifying your car.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
For top notch, Exedy, Ogura twin and triple plate............best. There are carbon disc from Carbonetic as well and makes better transition during shifting according to manufacturer....I never used one yet.

For intercooler~unless able to test inner flow rate and their temperature, I seriously doubt a huge different. I know cheaper ones have inner core like ( I ) form and more reliable company have ( h ) type to bring air resistance in order to bring cooler air into.

Assumption :
If 5hp difference per 100hp bring up to 600hp with difference 30hp........I can live for street use, since I will not need to be use for such high end to make max power.

For racing or competition, I'll die to bring extra 30hp.

I believe we are just chatting here..............none offend or hard feeling of course.

·
Registered
9 Posts
For top notch, Exedy, Ogura twin and triple plate............best. There are carbon disc from Carbonetic as well and makes better transition during shifting according to manufacturer....I never used one yet.

For intercooler~unless able to test inner flow rate and their temperature, I seriously doubt a huge different. I know cheaper ones have inner core like ( I ) form and more reliable company have ( h ) type to bring air resistance in order to bring cooler air into.

Assumption :
If 5hp difference per 100hp bring up to 600hp with difference 30hp........I can live for street use, since I will not need to be use for such high end to make max power.

For racing or competition, I'll die to bring extra 30hp.

I believe we are just chatting here..............none offend or hard feeling of course.
As much as I love to cut corners, I must say you are still wrong here. You obviously have never done back to back to back high way runs in a car with a large turbo. I can tell you right now, your performance will suffer and your AIT's will be as hot as megan fox.

I run a 4.5" garrett core , and as i rev to 10 grand time after time, i ENJOY watching my ait's go DOWN.

As much as i normally DO NOT agree with vendors, buschur has done the R&D and then the TESTING and then backed it up at the track.

I prefer to stack my pennies, wait an extra pay check and buy something that will be functional.

PS, this is my first post. I was browsing the board, got so irritated, that i just had to join... I am really diggin the new genesis coupe btw, thinking about getting one as a DD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Oh and as a vendor, you should not promote anything on ebay. Ebay killed the aftermarket industry with cheap knock off / imitation parts. As a salesman at a large performance shop, i hate people calling in trying to get things price matched on ebay, and then others calling in trying to get help, when an Ebay part fails.

keep that in mind, when you defend the right to buy ebay !!! lol

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I run a 4.5" garrett core , and as i rev to 10 grand time after time, i ENJOY watching my ait's go DOWN.
Hi Peteypab2133, welcome to the forums. Firstly what the heck are you running that has a 10k rev limit? lol that's insane! Post an introduction and tell us about your ride.

As much as i normally DO NOT agree with vendors, buschur has done the R&D and then the TESTING and then backed it up at the track.

I prefer to stack my pennies, wait an extra pay check and buy something that will be functional.
I tend to believe the vendors who have backed up their parts at the track to. Now if a vendor makes some wild claims with nothing to back it up that's a different story obviously. You'll notice we've got a good amount of vendors on this forum and I can almost guarantee that if anyone of them makes some wild claims the others will call BS (in a respectful way of course!) We've got tuner/aftermarket companies from both sides of the camp, SRT-4 guys and EVO guys and still others who just like this car. I think in a way it will keep everyone honest and on the level. The cars themselves are also so new that I think we will all benefit and learn from each other. Yeah the engine is similar to the SRT-4s and 4B11ts but what makes one car go fast is not necessarily true of the other. This is even more the case since the Genesis Coupe is a RWD vehicle. It's an exciting time because we're pretty much at ground zero for this car.
PS, this is my first post. I was browsing the board, got so irritated, that i just had to join... I am really diggin the new genesis coupe btw, thinking about getting one as a DD
I hope you continue being part of the forums. Everyone's got their opinions and everyone is coming at this from backgrounds, maybe turn that irritation into an opportunity to help others.

Oh and as a vendor, you should not promote anything on ebay. Ebay killed the aftermarket industry with cheap knock off / imitation parts. As a salesman at a large performance shop, i hate people calling in trying to get things price matched on ebay, and then others calling in trying to get help, when an Ebay part fails.

I think that a lot of people who are looking for parts are going to buy from the vendors who have proven parts. That's where the forums come in. We don't get any money from the sales (We will take any donations though!) so we're not going to sway a purchase one way or another. It will be upto the vendors to promote a product and a potential buyer can be directed to a companies website. Ebay's good or bad is not going away and there is nothing you can do about the kid who wants a BFMIC just because it's big and oh ya its only $79 with $50 shipping. The only real thing we can do is provide a site that has as good and accurate information as possible. :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
What sabbasaun said. Welcome to the forum Petey, take the time to intro yourself when you get a chance.

This is a good discussion where quality vs price. I think everyone will have to find their own happy medium. I personally only want to make a modification once then enjoy it from there on out. So, I usually look for the best deal on the higher end quality products. See I drive my car hard all the time, so it needs to be able to hold up to my torture.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As much as I love to cut corners, I must say you are still wrong here. You obviously have never done back to back to back high way runs in a car with a large turbo. I can tell you right now, your performance will suffer and your AIT's will be as hot as megan fox.

Hey, you sound like one of rep I know

As much as sound like you know alot, I seriouls doubt in any technical aspect.

Tuning~ we come from where lack of resourcing. Without knowing us, you should not post your first one coming hard to us.
I can only imagine you are one of supporter of other vendor or just ignorant type.

With Hyundai background, we've done alot of fabrication only due to lack of getting parts.

Building Hyundai Scoupe Turbo race car back in 1993, engine was sponsor by one of top Japanese tuner. At then and even now, Korea do not have independent piston, rods, crank manufacturer. We still buy from Brian Crower, Pauter, Ross/Arias/Cosworth etc.

For our race car back then, we imporvise~ Front shock was using RX-7 FD and rear shock was Miata Eunos, intercooler from diesel cars adding water sprayer, Skyline GTR front lip was too wide, so cut in between to fit our TOPSPEED RACING TEAM car. Still, we made reliable 350hp 1.5 liter turbo car.

With your rich and abundant resources here, I don't know how good for those core used by you and others however, we believe we can generate more hp than any other especially we are specialty in ems system and Hyundai specialty. 4 ton Korean SUV diesel car in Korea beating 900hp Toyota Supra running 400m drag~

If we use stock piston to run 400hp cars, imagine what we can do with forged piston? :stab:

p.s. no matter how you join genforum.org, I am glad you got irritate and we brought you here~ Enjoy your stay.....hehe

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
~

Ebay~ On-Line Shopping Mall~

All same....killing price

As "old school", I prefer fax and phone communication prevent end user getting informations just back 15 years ago.

Without storefront and sell on-line, the price is unbeatable for DIY stuff. I agree with you in this instance.

However, this is the trend that we can't stop them.

Hey~ what large performance shop? I know HKS, Blitz, Apexi, Greddy, Tomei, Power Enterprise, Advan.............................just the brand name. Even they make parts from China to save cost.

If you can't beat Ebay price, you gotta have something more advantage than what customer willing to pay.

Sell technology and, or, how to set up suspenson coil over which alone cost $1,000 in Japan w/o part etc.

In Korea, normally we don't charge labor. Turbo kit may add some labor, but we can live with labor only and no cost from part.

Buy us lunch in Korea, we install parts for you for free. I sure don't worry about Ebay~~~~~~~~

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
hehe hey guys let's try to keep open minded about things here and not take things too personally. I don't believe that there is one good way of doing things. We may end up having 4,5 or more companies who all run 10 seconds but they all do it in different ways. That's what makes modifying cars so fun. Personally I'm going to try and do my own thing and fabricate some of my own parts, I've said it before but I'm itching to warm up my TIG welder! :)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
hehe hey guys let's try to keep open minded about things here and not take things too personally. I don't believe that there is one good way of doing things. We may end up having 4,5 or more companies who all run 10 seconds but they all do it in different ways. That's what makes modifying cars so fun. Personally I'm going to try and do my own thing and fabricate some of my own parts, I've said it before but I'm itching to warm up my TIG welder! :)
Thought about buying a mig/tig since I took a autobody & paint course years ago in tech school, but just don't trust myself to make quality parts, except maybe for brackets etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.