Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Do you mean "standard", as in it is in the car from the factory line and do not need to pay extra for it and have the dealer put it in? I have a friend with a srt4 and one with a evox, neither had a boost guage in the car off the dealer lot. they purchased the factory guages after the fact and installed them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If i remeber correctly the #1 reason boost guages are not "standard" on turbo cars is because the fact that a possible buyer may see this guage with the needle going nuts would be worried about mechanical issues out of ignorance. Its kind of like why factory temp guages are retardly (new word!) inaccurate because if nub drivers knew how much tempature changes often, they would be at the dealer every other day saying something is wrong with their car.

Plus it give dealers an outlet for revenue by offering that stuff as add-ins and charge labor to install it.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Stop being lazy. You just dont want to put one in. lol
Haha man I don't need one I can sense how much boost a car is running.. It's like i'm a human boost gauge... :bs: lol

If i remeber correctly the #1 reason boost guages are not "standard" on turbo cars is because the fact that a possible buyer may see this guage with the needle going nuts would be worried about mechanical issues out of ignorance. Its kind of like why factory temp guages are retardly (new word!) inaccurate because if nub drivers knew how much tempature changes often, they would be at the dealer every other day saying something is wrong with their car.

Plus it give dealers an outlet for revenue by offering that stuff as add-ins and charge labor to install it.
I asked about Hyundai doing something like Nissan does with Nismo or Toyota does with TRD. They will be looking into it but as with everything it's an investment thing but they realize that there are buyers who want to buy "aftermarket" stuff from the factory so they don't have to worry about warranty issues or anything like that.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
I think I would prefer a gauge that's more sophisticated & can track many thiings simotaneously, like the ones shown a while back, I believe by Aeroforce, long as they are not priced too high.

·
Registered
83 Posts
those pillar pods are actually horrible for quick reference. Because they are at different distances from your eyes you have to refocus for each one. Id assume something that replaces that flap pocket on top of the display. I am planning to run the HKS camp2 with a monitor in place of that factory display on the dash.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'll probably go with a Stewart Warner, or an Autometer. It looks like it might be a trick to figure out where to mount one though. I'm not really a fan of A-pillar gauge pods. I've got one in my Eclipse, and I find that it tends to make a pretty big blind spot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.