Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a representative of Hyundai, I'm to tell you to take it easy during the 1st couple thousand miles not exceeding 80mph & vary speed/rpms with no redlining. But, I wanted to give you more info regarding the break-in period, since these are performance vehicles. I've attached 2 links to give you more info regarding this topic.

:read:
Break In Secrets--How To Break In New Motorcycle and Car Engines For More Power

Breaking in an engine......... - Buschur Forums

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
80mph.... i plan to exceed that in the first mile of driving when I leave the dealership! DRIVE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT! :D

Seriously though.... we always tell people to break the engine in how you're going to drive it. It allows the rings and everything to seat to how its ran. We roll cars out of the service/install bays and right onto the dyno. If something is going to break or let go its going to be under pressure from the get go, not 3000 miles from the time it was put in.

Thank you for linking that here from our site buddy. Alot of good info in that thread.

I plan on putting the Coupe on the dyno as soon as I take delivery. We'll break it in the Buschur Racing way. :)

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
Looks like you plan on driving like me Tufast.:jester: And you guys are always busting my balls about how I drive my Bimmer.:aargh:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like you plan on driving like me Tufast.:jester: And you guys are always busting my balls about how I drive my Bimmer.:aargh:
Wrong, It says as a representative of Hyundai, I'm supposed to say t take it easy. The only reason I'll take it easy is to familiarize myself with the car. I've never owned a turbo or supercharged car & it's been about 10yrs since I've driven a stick. But, after I'm cool with it, she'll get beat to death like all of my cars. I have a saying "I drive my cars hard, but when it breaks, I fix it.":shifting:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
that's my plan xD

i'm probably gonna get a fat speeding ticket before i even get on the freeway
Just be careful in the car!

Im not sure how old you are but I have a feeling that with this car being affordable to alot of people that the younger crowd is going to be getting into these cars like they did the Cobalt SS and SRT-4. We all know what happens when a younger inexperienced driver gets some extra horsepower and forced induction let alone RWD to go with it.

All I ask is please take some video!!! BOOOOYAAAAAAA
Leaving the dealership sideways in a ploom of tire smoke with one hand out the window. Rhys Millen style! :rofl:

Just kidding. Im sure im going to take the truck and trailer down to pick it up. I dont want to drive it on these crap roads covered with muck and salt. However I will do a burnout video when I get it back to the shop if the parking lot is snow/ice free. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just be careful in the car!

Im not sure how old you are but I have a feeling that with this car being affordable to alot of people that the younger crowd is going to be getting into these cars like they did the Cobalt SS and SRT-4. We all know what happens when a younger inexperienced driver gets some extra horsepower and forced induction let alone RWD to go with it.
i'll be fine... i may be 21yo, but i've had my fair share of rwd driving experiences... mmmmm i <3 my friend's 300ZX...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I beleive in a little heat cycling. This i think is most important. Since the metals expand and contract....its the cycleing number that counts..i usually go for about 20 heat cycles b4 i hammer it.....and then another 100 miles b4 reline is ever reached..

i don't buy the old 1000 mile break in.....thats so the dealership doesn't see you the next day for a tsb problem that will come down months later.

JMO

·
Registered
66 Posts
honestly the link you sent was very true. when I had my 1995 BMW 3 series I used that break in period. and once in awhile in second I would bounce it off rev limiter since the Iline 6's were know to get nasty carbon build up on the valves from normal usage. I took it to the dealership for it's 90k tune up and the one tech came out in a matter of minutes and told me "I'm really amazed by your motor, did you recently replaced any internals?" told him what I did and he said it was deff the way I drove and took care of it that way that the motor and half of the tune up used for 90k was takin care of since me beating on it once in awhile and redlining caused the valves to be completely clean. saved myself 400 bucks on the tune up lol.

I know my drive from PA to get my car (150 miles back home) I'll do the same procedure. and was interesting to see an article that truely figured out how new spec'ed engines truely need the beeting.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts