Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not certain, but someone (credible company) told me the engine is 4b11 none turbo Mitsubishi Lancer engine.

My Korean counter part says block is Evo X.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
That the block of the genesis is the 4B11 and not the 4B11T?
No. Im sorry. I guess I should have clarified exactly what I was told.

I heard the block in the turbo 4 Coupe is the same as the Evo X which is the 4B11T.

I do not know why they would use a non-turbo based block (4B11) on a turbo application. That wouldnt make much sense to me. Mainly for cooling purposes as well as compression.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No. Im sorry. I guess I should have clarified exactly what I was told.

I heard the block in the turbo 4 Coupe is the same as the Evo X which is the 4B11T.

I do not know why they would use a non-turbo based block (4B11) on a turbo application. That wouldnt make much sense to me. Mainly for cooling purposes as well as compression.
Thanks man! That's what I was confused on. I was like uhhhhhhhh wtf were they thinking but we're all good now

·
Registered
27 Posts
4B11T

At 3:37 you can see the oil squirters

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RoxR6eZbgg&feature=related]YouTube - Evo X Training Video[/ame]

·
Registered
83 Posts
well doesn't the evox have forged internals already factory? Pardon my ignorance as i never researched the evox much. All i know is evox owners are making great numbers off bolt ons and a stock bottom end and i keep praying the gen coupe is the same :clap:

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
well doesn't the evox have forged internals already factory? Pardon my ignorance as i never researched the evox much. All i know is evox owners are making great numbers off bolt ons and a stock bottom end and i keep praying the gen coupe is the same :clap:
You're right and yes there are people making good power on the stock engines but many of the guys leaning on them are doing it just for safety so you dont have to spend $2000+ on a bare block core from Mitsu if something lets go.

Ive heard of a few X engines letting go.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Jarrod, I was hoping to avoid going into the engine until it got some miles on it. Once up around a 100k I was planning on rebuilding it with new forged internals, but in the mean time I wanted to do as much externally as possible w/o pushing it too far. I still want it reliable as a daily driver. So, I'm hoping you guys can tell me when enough is enough & I shouldn't do anymore until I'm willing to tear the engine down.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
27 Posts
thanks kevin, i'd take this and run with it right? Safe to say the evox block made its way to the genesis coupe :clap:

now lets hope hyundai signed on the dotted like for mitsubishi's internals as well

mitsubishi --->:read:

Idk if you saw the pics of the internals I posted in the other thread. The pistons are pretty much the same except for the fact the evox ones are 9.0 and the gen are 9.3. The look identical if you didnt know any better.

The rods in the gen are bigger than the evox.

But according to the GEMA website, Mitsu, Chrysler and Hyundai share ideas and parts on these motors. Which means Hyundai has access to the evox internals if need be and vice versa. Or if Hyundai ever decides to use the 2.4 turbo version (I REALLY HOPE THEY WILL) they can also do that too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You're right and yes there are people making good power on the stock engines but many of the guys leaning on them are doing it just for safety so you dont have to spend $2000+ on a bare block core from Mitsu if something lets go.

Ive heard of a few X engines letting go.
Yea my friends motor let go a few weeks ago. The tranny went out too. :(

Jarrod, I was hoping to avoid going into the engine until it got some miles on it. Once up around a 100k I was planning on rebuilding it with new forged internals, but in the mean time I wanted to do as much externally as possible w/o pushing it too far. I still want it reliable as a daily driver. So, I'm hoping you guys can tell me when enough is enough & I shouldn't do anymore until I'm willing to tear the engine down.
100k miles is not much these days. Id rebuild it only if I planned to push over 500 consistantly and safely.

As for me, when I get mine 400-450 is good enough for me on the stock internals.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
From my understanding the world engine turbo blocks are all very similar

Our Caliber SRT4 block [2.4] is damn near identical to the Evo X block [2.0] with a few changes on the inside [advantage evo X]. I believe we will see the same thing with the Genesis.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
The 4B11T have them too
Thanks for clarifying I thought I had read they didnt.

From my understanding the world engine turbo blocks are all very similar

Our Caliber SRT4 block [2.4] is damn near identical to the Evo X block [2.0] with a few changes on the inside [advantage evo X]. I believe we will see the same thing with the Genesis.
And from what I gather you guys are running some nice power numbers so if the Genesis holds par we can expect similar things. Spring '09 seems so far away!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.