Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member (Tibguy2003) at Gencoupe posted some Canadian pricing details. Please note that the pricing is higher (not sure how much) than what we should see here in the States. Your thoughts?

-------------------------------------------
<edit>
The following are 2010 Genesis Coupe Canadian Pricing;

2.0T 6 speed - $24,495
2.0T Auto - $25,995
2.0T Premium 6 speed - $27,495
2.0T Premium auto - $28,995
2.0T GT - $30,745

3.8L 6 speed - $32,995
3.8L ZF Auto - $34,795
3.8L GT 6 speed (full load) -$34,995
3.8L GT ZF Auto - $36,795

I might get in trouble for posting these but dont tell anyone ok

Now just as I thought the American Track model is basicly the GT model in the Canadian market. So the GT will include everything, also the Spoiler is an option!!
<edit>

-----------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealer letter

Dealer letter that was dispursed to employees. Keep in mind this letter went out to Canadian dealerships so options and pricing will not be 100% the same.

----------------------------
2010 Genesis Coupe

Hyundai is pleased to release pricing and packaging for the all-new 2010 Genesis Coupe. The
Genesis Coupe represents Hyundai’s most dynamic performance car ever fusing jaw-dropping design
with blistering performance.

The rear wheels of the Genesis Coupe are powered by a 2.0L Turbocharged in-line 4 cylinder
producing 210 HP and 223 lb-ft of torque while the V6 engine generates 306 HP and 266 lb-ft of
torque, both engines have been designed to run on regular fuel. Mix this with standard features like
Bluetooth™, 18” Alloy wheels, Electronic Stability Control, 6 Airbags and you have a recipe for a
seriously competitive sports coupe that few rivals can match!

Genesis Coupe comes with available luxury and performance technologies such as HID headlights,
Proximity key with push button start, Brembo brake package, limited slip differential, 19” Alloys, GT
Calibrated Suspension with Front Strut tower bar, heated leather seats and much more all at a price
you would never expect.

The 2009 Genesis will be offered in two distinct trim levels, the 2.0T and the 3.8 and will have an
astonishing starting price of only $24,495, well below the starting price of the Mitsubishi Eclipse,
Honda Civic Si and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS.

Packaging/Content

The 2009 Genesis Coupe offers an outstanding array of performance and luxury equipment that far
exceeds any competitive offerings at a similar price.

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T - $24,495

In the heart of this beast lies a 2.0L in-line four cylinder Turbocharger with a front mounted
intercooler for increased engine efficiency and power. A 6-speed manual transmission is offered as
standard equipment along with steering wheel mounted Bluetooth™, audio and cruise controls, 18”
alloy wheels, 6 airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) complete with 100% override ability, antilock
brake system (ABS) with electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), fog lights, metal grain
interior trim, USB & Auxiliary audio outlets, Automatic light control, trip computer, leather wrapped
steering wheel and gear shift knob, power and heated exterior mirrors and an AM/FM/XM/CD/Mp3
stereo system with 6 speakers.

The 2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T can be equipped with an optional Premium Package which includes
high demand features such as a power sunroof, heated leather seats, Infinity AM/FM/XM/ 6-disc CD
changer/Mp3 stereo with 10 speakers. For the performance oriented consumer there is the GT
Package is the ticket. This package includes a Brembo braking system, limited slip differential,
unique black leather seats with premium red cloth inserts, 19” alloys and HID Headlamps.

All the above 2.0T trims are available with an optional 5 speed automatic transmission with paddleshifters.

2010 Genesis 3.8 - $32,995

The Genesis 3.8 features an advanced all aluminum naturally aspirated V6 engine displacing an
impressive 306 horsepower (with regular fuel) coupled with a 6 speed manual transmission and a
standard limited slip rear differential. Features on the 3.8 include all of the equipment of the Genesis
2.0T premium plus mirror mounted turn signals, chrome lower fascia slats, HID headlights with autolevelling,
proximity key with push button start, power driver seat, auto-dimming rear view mirror
with Homelink™ and compass, and premium side trim door scuff.

The 2009 Genesis Coupe 3.8 can also be equipped with an optional GT package and available on all
3.8 models is a ZF 6 speed automatic transmission with paddle-shifters.

For detailed information on features and pricing for all models and packages, please refer to the
attached price sheet.

Available colours and product specifications can be found on ePower, under the Marketing
heading in the Guides section.

<edit>
-----

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My US Price Speculation :)

Okay so I did some number crunching to try to get a rough estimate on what the US car will cost. I took the Genesis Sedan and compared the US and Canadian pricing. Here's what I got:

Canada Pricing (From Hyundai Canda)
|------ V6 ------- V6 Tech----- | ----- V8 ----- V8 Tech---- |
|--$37995 ---- $44995 ----- | --$43995 ---- $48995 ----|

USA Pricing (From Hyundai USA)
|---$32250 --- $39250 ---- | --- $37250 ---- $41250 ---|

Difference between Canadian and US pricing:

|---$5745 ----- $5745 ------ | ---- $6745 ----$7745 ------|

So a price difference of between $5745 - $7745. Now I don't think we'll see a $7745 price difference but it's possible we could very well see a $5,745 price difference. That means a base coupe could go for as little as $18750 USD. Seems low? Well I originally thought so too but after thinking about it, I don't think it is that far off. Think of it this way: The Genesis Coupe is essentially replacing the Tiburon (a nice car in itself), a vehicle with a base price of $17270. Add another $325 to get Bluetooth like the GCoupe will have standard for a total of $17595 for a base Tiburion with Bluetooth.

Now obviously there is more cost associated with a turbo engined RWD vehicle and the Gcoupe will have a few more features than a Tibby (Cruise control, 6 Sp Manual, Ipod Con) but I dont see it costing that much more. I can easily see a $19g base Coupe. Sound reasonable? or wishful thinking?

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
I used a currency converter to change the Canadian dollars to US dollars here is what I came up with:

2.0T 6 speed - $19,689 US
2.0T Auto - $20,895 US
2.0T Premium 6 speed - $22,100
2.0T Premium auto - $23,306
2.0T GT - $24,712

3.8L 6 speed - $26,521
3.8L ZF Auto - $27,968
3.8L GT 6 speed (full load) -$28,128
3.8L GT ZF Auto - $29,575

·
Registered
255 Posts
lol
tibguy origanally put ** official pricing for 2010 gen coupe** at gencoupe.com

i was so excited and wen i opened the thread it was for canada :jester:

then i got mad

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol
tibguy origanally put ** official pricing for 2010 gen coupe** at gencoupe.com

i was so excited and wen i opened the thread it was for canada :jester:

then i got mad
Yeah I had to do a double take and then realized these were Canadian numbers. Some other car comparisons:

Honda Accord Coupe (Base MSRP)
Canadian $: $27,990
US $: 22,405
DIfference: $5585

Honda Civic Coupe
Canadian $: 17,190
US $: 15,305
Difference: $1885

Nissan Altima Coupe
Canadian $: 26,598
US $: 21,750
Difference: $4848

Nissan 370Z
Canadian $: 39,998
US $: 29,930
Difference: $10,068 (!)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
2.0 pricing looks really good. 3.8 pricing is looking high compared to what other products that are currently in the same price range. Mustang GT, Camaro V8, Challenger V6. As mentioned we will have to wait and see but the V6 could flop if the pricing is truly nearing V8 muscle car territory of 28-29k. Of course that is loaded but perception is reality, and it will be tough.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Just curious, Tufast may know this. How much can you usually get off Hyundai MSRP pricing in negotiations? I still think for what you get these cars will quickly be know as performance steals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.