Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I drive a 2010 Genesis 3.8 Coupe. At random times, always when starting my car, the ESC OFF dash light may stay on. If I don't notice that it's on and I put car in gear (D or R, it doesn't matter), there is a clunk sound and if I proceed, the car operates in a low gear. The only remedy is to pull over, shut the car off, re-start it, and then the light goes off and it runs fine. I now recognize the 'clunk' and immediately turn the car off to re-start.

I have logged 22 instances of this happening since the dealer asked me to 'make note' at my 2nd oil change (6.600 miles). The dealer has seen my car 6 times since Dec 2010, replaced the ECM (computer) in Aug 2011; THEN checked the connectors is Oct 2011. They're stumped, but I keep running my 'new' reliable car to the service department.

Two weeks ago my radio turned ITSELF on...no kidding! My hands were firmly attached to the bottom of the steering wheel--NO POSSIBLE way I accidentally turned it on.

What's happening to my car??? Am I wrong in thinking a $30K+ car should be service free during the first two years? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
No you're not wrong in thinking it should function properly for at least 2yrs if not more. To be honest this is 1st time that I've heard of this. I mean the ESC lamp coming on is nothing new, but the clunking & esp the car starting itself are definately new to me. I'm actually having a hard time correlating those to issues in my mind, they seem like they should be seperate problems. The clunk would lead me to believe it was transmission of propeller shaft related & the ESC lamp would lead me to believe it was brake switch or ESC switch related since you already have an ew ECM. As for the starting on its own, the ignition swithch/start button would be my best guess on that. Its just weird all these this are happening at once. Possibly BCM issue, but I'm pretty stumped on this one.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
TuFast....I know this lady personally and the car is NOT starting itself, only the radio. She told me and as she stated on here...she was just driving along and the radio began playing.....this is a whole nother story than what is happening with the traction control etc.

My interest is piqued here and I am awaiting the outcome of this....

Have a great day....

Jerry

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
TuFast....I know this lady personally and the car is NOT starting itself, only the radio. She told me and as she stated on here...she was just driving along and the radio began playing.....this is a whole nother story than what is happening with the traction control etc.

My interest is piqued here and I am awaiting the outcome of this....

Have a great day....

Jerry
That makes more sense. I have heard of a radio coming on by itself, which usually ends up being an internal short.

Has she found out anything regarding the ESC lamp. If she takes it into the dealer to have it scanned, something like that would normally store a code with which to go off of. For instance code C1513 would indicate a faulty brake lamp switch.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I’ve looked at various threads about the ESC light, but none of them discuss the problem I’m having. I have a 2013 base and the ONLY light that pops up is the ESC light, and it’s been on for a while now. vehicletreat put a code scanner in and nothing came back, and my car had passed multiple state inspections (don’t know if that’s pertinent, but it might be). Does anyone know the problem? Or a fix?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts