1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
Damn that is small, I guess Hyundai didn't want to make it too easy to make more power than the 3.8, as I doubt that would work out so well w/o a turbo upgrade. I might throw my Mopar BOV plate from my SRT-4 on there just for the time being, and lose that cat for a nice 3" turbine outlet, then save up for a 16G off one of the Evo guys. At least we know that the supposedly lackluster top-end isn't due to the engine itself, and the fact that it makes a bit more power than an SR20 or DSM 4G63 with a smaller turbo means that it must breathe very well, and that with a decent turbo and tune, we should have a real screamer on our hands.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Damn that is small, I guess Hyundai didn't want to make it too easy to make more power than the 3.8, as I doubt that would work out so well w/o a turbo upgrade. I might throw my Mopar BOV plate from my SRT-4 on there just for the time being, and lose that cat for a nice 3" turbine outlet, then save up for a 16G off one of the Evo guys. At least we know that the supposedly lackluster top-end isn't due to the engine itself, and the fact that it makes a bit more power than an SR20 or DSM 4G63 with a smaller turbo means that it must breathe very well, and that with a decent turbo and tune, we should have a real screamer on our hands.
You're right about Hyundai no wanting the base model easily out powering the upscale 6cyl, but I also think that they are being careful about limiting the power because of the warranty they offer. This car looks to be restricted on both the intake & exaust sides, the small turbo just compounds that.

If you haven't already & you get a chance to, introduce yourself in the new member intro section. Thanks & good to have ya join the fun.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
5 Posts
What do you guys think is the peak potential of the base turbo? What with new injectors, more boost, and a good tune?

Do you think we can see 250 hp/tq, 280 hp/tq, or maybe 300?

Optimistically speaking it would be great for some of us daily drivers if that were the case.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.