Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
"ok guys, so I finally got around removing my bumper to do some anti-rust for the components behind it.

So hopefully this will shed some light on all those people that wanted to know how to remove it either for changing the grill or doing some repair.

As the HMAservice.com indicates you need to follow thse steps.

1) Open the hood (duh)
2) remove ALL the plastic screw/locks that is holding the grill/bumper. There are 12 in total. (6-grill/2-top bumper/4 lower bumper)
3) Remove the screw at the front fender and bumper junction corner at the wheels well (8mm screw). There are 2 (one on each side).
4) Remove the headlights. To do this simply remove the 2 screws (10mm) holding each light (4 in total). Once these screws are removed, my trick is to reach down below the light to push it out rather than pulling them out. But whatever works for you.
5)Pop out the clips right below you head lights. I used a plastic flat head screwdriver but anything that isn't abrasive will do. HMA recommends a tape protected flat head screwdriver.
6)This is the tricky part. so read carefully.
With the screws removed from step 3. Insert your non-abrasive screwdriver into where the screw was removed.

Please note EACH CORNER has a 4 clips to hold the bumper.

When you push in the screw driver the first 2 will pop out relatively easily.

However, the third one is in a curve of the fender/bumper. And guess what, your screwdriver don't bend eh? A good trick is to slightly pull the bumper out as you try to reach for the third clip, you can use a little more force since it's held by a plastic clipping system that is changeable. Worst case scenario you go to hyundai to buy a new one.

Once you push a little harder and at an angle, the third clip should come out. The fourth is automatic after that.

7) repeat this step for the side you haven't done.
8) Voila bumper off."

I want to give thanks to OP loco stevie & gencoupe for the DIY

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice dude, about how long did it take you? One man operation or did you have some tight spots where you needed a 3rd hand?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 - 3 of 3 Posts