Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The G1 Racing team had a remarkable turnaround this weekend and continued to improve the speed and performance of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Saturday's wet weather provided many challenges including the choice of wet or dry tires for the track. With a broken throttle cable on Bob Attrell's Autotrader car and tire issues with Sasha Anis' Castrol Car, the team were unable to gain good positions on the grid. Further showers meant slippery conditions for the race and the team were happy simply to complete all laps.

Overnight however, the team took the Castrol Car back to the shop and made a number of key changes to the car. Sunny skies on Sunday provided perfect conditions for racing and both drivers turned on the speed. Sasha Anis was one of the hard chargers of the race gaining over 10 positions during the track and posting the fastest time of the Genesis Coupes with a 1:33:013 - at least three seconds faster than last year's time. Bob Attrell also poured on the speed and had an excellent race.

Driver Sasha Anis commented: "What a wild weekend, from the worst possible outcome on Saturday to a great run by both cars on Sunday from the back of the pack! New best lap time of 1.33.013 is exciting, hopefully we'll be running up-front soon!"

Bouyed by the improvements, the team now prepares for the Grand Prix of Mirabel on July 3 and 4. This weekend will see the debut of John Lockhart's Genesis Coupe which features a number of performance enhancements for 2010.

About G1 RacingG1 Racing is one of Canada's premier touring car racing teams. Formed in 2009 with a partnership of JL Racing and Hyundai Genesis Coupe Racing, the team competes in top-rate, competitive, professional racing. In 2010, G1 Racing will compete in the Castrol Canadian Touring Car Championship campaigning three factory supported Hyundai Genesis Coupes. Building on the 2009 development year, G1 Racing will run the entire series with drivers Bob Attrell, Sasha Anis, and John Lockhart

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting this!

This is Sasha Anis, from G1 Racing. I just thought I'd stop in here and share a bit more about the race with you Genesis owners.

The rain was horrible for us as we were fighting with rear axle problems all weekend. Without a way to align the car I found myself with a huge amount of rear toe in for the race. It was by far the worst race of my life, especially since it was my first time back in CCTCC since 2007.

Thankfully we had some redemption Sunday after a late night back at the shop (we towed the car back to SG in Brampton to align it, corner balance it, and change the setup slightly). Starting from the back I made my way through the touring cars and even a couple Super Touring cars and finished 11th in class, running the pace of the top 7 or so cars.

We've got a lot of development still planned for this season, but the cars are certainly improving. New dampers are on the way, and some more aerodynamic work will be required as we're fighting a ton of aero understeer right now.

I'll keep you guys updated as our season progresses and hopefully we'll be running near the front sooner than later!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNLgKRYzr4k&]YouTube - G1 Racing #87 In-Car - Mosport June 13, 2010[/ame]

We'd love to have you guys out to a few races, check out touringcar.ca for a schedule and if you can make it just send us an email and we'd be happy to have you!

·
Registered
701 Posts
That`s awesome guys. Car looks fantastic out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.