Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a spreadsheet in Lotus 1-2-3 to compare engine RPM vs. MPH between the new Genesis 2.0T & 3.8, new V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang and previous V6 Mustang's I've owned. Also added other Manual Transmission / RWD cars currently available as well as 2009 MINI Clubman S, and 2008 Tiburon models. Also did 3 collums with changed rear gears in the 2.0T & 3.8 using 3.8 gears in the 2.0T and 4.6 Senan gears in both the 2.0T & 3.8. All in all on 2 landscape pages, info on 18 different cars can be compared.

Spreadsheet does all the math, all you need to change to check a different car is the transmission gear ratios, final drive ratio, tire section height, and rim diameter.

Also have rows for Vehicle, HP, Torque, Curb wgt., lb./HP ratio, EPA mileage, fuel tank size, and range per tank that you can edit for each car you want to compare.

Not sure if this type of file can be attached or inserted in a thread. If anyone is familiar with Lotus 1-2-3 and wants a copy of this spreadsheet to play with (or would know how to post it in the forum), PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I made a spreadsheet in Lotus 1-2-3 to compare engine RPM vs. MPH between the new Genesis 2.0T & 3.8, new V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang and previous V6 Mustang's I've owned. Also added other Manual Transmission / RWD cars currently available as well as 2009 MINI Clubman S, and 2008 Tiburon models. Also did 3 collums with changed rear gears in the 2.0T & 3.8 using 3.8 gears in the 2.0T and 4.6 Senan gears in both the 2.0T & 3.8. All in all on 2 landscape pages, info on 18 different cars can be compared.

Spreadsheet does all the math, all you need to change to check a different car is the transmission gear ratios, final drive ratio, tire section height, and rim diameter.

Also have rows for Vehicle, HP, Torque, Curb wgt., lb./HP ratio, EPA mileage, fuel tank size, and range per tank that you can edit for each car you want to compare.

Not sure if this type of file can be attached or inserted in a thread. If anyone is familiar with Lotus 1-2-3 and wants a copy of this spreadsheet to play with (or would know how to post it in the forum), PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy.

Doug
Awesome thanks Orange! Can't wait to see the file. :) You should also be able to insert or attache the file, give it a go.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks Orange! Can't wait to see the file. :) You should also be able to insert or attache the file, give it a go.
I e-mailed a copy of the file to Tufast, hopefully he can get it up on here.

Added a 3rd page and 5 more '09 RWD 6-Speed cars I thought of (23 total with room for 4 more) to the spreadsheet too.

Doug

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I e-mailed a copy of the file to Tufast, hopefully he can get it up on here.

Added a 3rd page and 5 more '09 RWD 6-Speed cars I thought of (23 total with room for 4 more) to the spreadsheet too.

Doug
Thanks Doug, I received it, but my computer don't like it. So, It'll take a while to figure out how to convert it & eventually get up on here. I'm sorry, but I'm not too computer savvy.:dunno:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Doug, I received it, but my computer don't like it. So, It'll take a while to figure out how to convert it & eventually get up on here. I'm sorry, but I'm not too computer savvy.:dunno:
Neither am I ... figured someone one here would be !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't even know that Lotus 1-2-3 was still around. I remmeber that from the early to mid 90's, do they still make it?
Last I knew it was called Lotus SmartSuite ... have a copy of this at work as well as the old stand-by Version 2.4 (DOS) which is what I still do Quotes on and is from the '80's !! This program is so old, it will not work with new printers so I got an old HP Laser Jet 4 still next to my desk.

Doug

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I had to put Microsoft Excel on my computer before I could open the zip file. Luckily, I had a copy of Microsoft Office 97 (solely for "MS Word" that I do use), and Excel was on there.

It does say "read only", but noticed I was able to change things if I wanted (maybe can't save changes though).

BTW, screen looks and functions almost identical to Lotus SmartSuite that I have on my work computer.

Sabbasaun ... I got a new revision ... cleaned up some things as well as the NOTES area ... added more spreadsheet info down there and added a line thanking Cars.com where I got most of the gear ratio info came from. I'll e-mail you this updated copy.

Thanks,

Doug

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I had to put Microsoft Excel on my computer before I could open the zip file. Luckily, I had a copy of Microsoft Office 97 (solely for "MS Word" that I do use), and Excel was on there.

It does say "read only", but noticed I was able to change things if I wanted (maybe can't save changes though).

BTW, screen looks and functions almost identical to Lotus SmartSuite that I have on my work computer.

Sabbasaun ... I got a new revision ... cleaned up some things as well as the NOTES area ... added more spreadsheet info down there and added a line thanking Cars.com where I got most of the gear ratio info came from. I'll e-mail you this updated copy.

Thanks,

Doug
Cool deal Orange.. also if you can zip the files yourself you are more than welcome to attach the files yourself

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
does anyone know the actual gear ratios of the tranny and diff yet?
They are listed in my spreadsheet for the Manual Transmissions, Auto trans ratios have been listed in various areas & forums. I'll find them & post them here.

Doug

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3.8 V6 ZF 6HP19 ... 6 Speed Automatic Transmission Gear Ratios:
1st ... 4.171:1
2nd ... 2.340:1
3rd ... 1.520:1
4th ... 1.140:1
5th ... 0.870:1
6th ... 0.690:1
Rev... 3.400:1
Final ... 3.727:1

Complete specs & info on above ...
GenesisForums.org - 4.BK 6HP19 AT

2.0T I4 A5SR1 ... 5-Speed Automatic Transmission Gear Ratios:
1st ... 3.827:1
2nd ... 2.368:1
3rd ... 1.520:1
4th ... 1.000:1
5th ... 0.834:1
Rev... 2.613:1
Final ... 4.181:1

Complete specs & info on above ...
GenesisForums.org - 3.BK A5SR AT

3.8 V6 M6VR2 ... 6 Speed Manual Transmission Gear Ratios:
1st ... 3.848:1
2nd ... 2.317:1
3rd ... 1.623:1
4th ... 1.233:1
5th ... 1.000:1
6th ... 0.794:1
Rev... 3.895:1
Final ... 3.538:1

2.0T M6VR1 ... 6 Speed Manual Transmission Gear Ratios:
1st ... 4.229:1
2nd ... 2.467:1
3rd ... 1.671:1
4th ... 1.233:1
5th ... 1.000:1
6th ... 0.794:1
Rev... 3.895:1
Final ... 3.909:1

Complete specs & info on both manual transmissions ...
GenesisForums.org - 5.BK M6VR12 MT

Doug

1 - 20 of 20 Posts