·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea, actually the 2.0 will need some work. I seen it race a borrego, and it got took down pretty badly lol. But a nice upgrade will make it faster. Actually the gearing for the cars is about 149mph(2.0) and I forgot the v6 top speed.. I have the sheet of the gear ratios somewhere. But the times where pretty much what hyundai said it would be though. Note that the auto v6 went 6.1. So definitely the manual will go under 6 seconds. But what makes me mad is you have to go through 3 gears to get to 60mph. That will hurt you in the 0-60 test when they do them in the magazines comparison.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Its kind of sad to see a little hatchback or ff car go faster for the same price or what not. The only reason people are buying this car is low priced and rwd layout, turbo.Tired of fwd cars but a lot of them are turbo-charged. Example(Caliber srt4 /Mazdaspeed3/ VW GTI /Mini cooper s) For example the new golf gti makes 200hp and 207ft goes to 0-60 in about 6 seconds. It dyno's at 181whp and 193trq and weighs 3100 pounds. So trimming the weight is definitely a key factor for the 2.0t and the v6. And most of the heavy-ness is on the hood it self. So carbon fiber hood is a must!!! Hyundai uses heavy material when making the hood. I don't no why but this is a fact!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
I can't confirm this but I hear that the Korean spec engiens are detuned slightly. They don't have the option to run premium mode so it has slightly less horsepower.

I'm also in the same boat as you genesis2.0t regarding the fast fwd turbo cars. Don't forget the Cobalt SS either. GM has done a great job with that car at around 260hp and handles GREAT. Even has a launch control function and some clever ecu trickery so you can pull off no throttle lift shifting... but it's still FWD and I've had my fill of them.

So some weight reduction may be a way to go and just some basic mods like free'r flowing exhaust and maybe a CAI and we might get this to be close to on par with the V6 times.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.