Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
That may just be on the Korean version... Looking in the parts information that I have, I'm not seeing a switch for the ESP defeat, only a blanking cover where the switch would go. Parts info gets updated monthly, maybe it's just not correct yet.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I found the switch on the dash in one of Hyundai's HUGE (5616x3744) press pictures of the interior on HyundaiNews.com. It just says ESC OFF. Parts information apparently is not quite ready yet... lol.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah there should be a defeat switch according to Derek Joyce. His words were, "It (TC) will be FULLY deafable."
Sabba,were you trying to say defeatable? Because, I don't think these cars will have the ability to hear what we're saying in the 1st place...:jester:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
How a 306Hp GenCoupe beca,e a 364Hp GenCoupe

I thought this was definately worth posting. I got it from gencoupe.com from a post Galbi made & McFly initiated a thread with. I think it's important because it indicates that the GenCoupe 3.8L is underated. When you cut the traction control & stability control off, the car gains 25whp. Running premium fuel the car makes about 350Hp. I would assume that the 2.0t will have similar gains with the traction & stability control switched off...Read the following.:read:

"3.8 V6
Stock on regular fuel vs "Drag and drift limiter taken off" *
*no idea what that means (I'm guessing rev limiter?)

3.8 V6
Stock regular fuel vs Intake + Exhaust + Regular Fuel

3.8 V6
Stock regular fuel vs Intake + Exhaust + Premium fuel

"Drag and drift limiter taken off" probably means traction control and stability control turned off. You can't drag race if you keep having the computer cut fuel when it senses any tire slip, and you can't drift a car if the stability control keeps traction in check on turns when you need to have the car loose traction to slide.

From the dyno tests I see that simply turning off the ECU limiters gives 24.5whp!!! I can see that they took it to a higher RPM also, but that didn't effect the peak power since the peak was at 6250RPM on either one (where they took it to 6700 and 7400RPM respectively). There is more power under the curve the higher you take it, so for drag racing it will benefit you to rev it the higher the better. That's probably where the "drag limiter" or Traction Control being turned off helps out. If you were to shift at such a high RPM, tests may have shown that you will loose traction upon engaging the next gear, so that is why Traction Control is also programmed to reduce the rev limiter.

Then, they put an Intake and Exhaust on, and gained an additional 12whp.
Then, they simply made a change from Regular to Premium fuel, and gained another additional 11whp from that.

So, the car gained 47.5whp total!

If you do a reverse calculation for loss, and say that 306hp at the flywheel equates to 250whp, then you can say that the dyno is reading at 18.4% lower than at the power at the flywheel is suppose to make. Or, in other words 18.4% loss, which is inline to what cars usually have a loss at on a dynojet. My current FWD car lost 17.5% as an example. So, if you increase the power at the wheels from 250whp to 297.5whp, then essential you went from a car that makes 306hp flywheel to 364hp flywheel.

So, we now have a 364hp car with intake+exhaust+premium fuel.

THAT'S AMAZING! Take that 370Z! Let me see you make another 30whp to compete! For less money, I don't think so!"

Once again, this was copied from another forum & posted here. I want to thank Galbi & gencoupe.comm for the find.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.