Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been looking forward to this event for the past month after rain ruined my game plan in Peru. With rain in the forecast, no Hoosier rain tires, and the strong cars in G stock being FWD, I decided it would be best to not run my R comps and instead switch to the RWD street tire class which requires a 140 tread wear up tire.

The stock GC tires qualify for the class although I have been told they don't stack up to some of other class leading tires. The Bridgestone RE11 (shaved) and the Dunlop Durezza as a couple of examples.

The car is completely stock with the exception of an alignment and K&N drop in filter. Everything else is bone stock including the Bridgestone RE50 tires (which have started to scallop a bit after about 50-60 runs now).

With a total of 14 cars in the class, the winning car, Mazda MX-5, was driven by a previous National Champion and running Dunlop Durezza's. The talent and car setup was very deep throughout the class. I have been working to get my EVO back together for Nationals, but I think the Genesis deserves to make the trip instead.

Thank you to my parents, son, David and Jarrod for your continued help and support!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
+1...congrats Trevor...way to represent..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ya, NICE job Trevor. That reminds me, when we doing that gencoupe meet in the Dells ? :)
I'm heading up to Green Bay this weekend for that Beyond Redline / PowerAxle "Tune" session this weekend... If your interested, thats prolly not toooo long a drive for you. We're also hitting up some street racing at WI International raceway on friday night, before all the tuning on sat.

congrats on your second place victory. Good to see someone finally mention those RE-11s... I have those picked out to put on my new Forgestar F14s (whenever they finally ship :-/ )

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya, NICE job Trevor. That reminds me, when we doing that gencoupe meet in the Dells ? :)
I'm heading up to Green Bay this weekend for that Beyond Redline / PowerAxle "Tune" session this weekend... If your interested, thats prolly not toooo long a drive for you. We're also hitting up some street racing at WI International raceway on friday night, before all the tuning on sat.

congrats on your second place victory. Good to see someone finally mention those RE-11s... I have those picked out to put on my new Forgestar F14s (whenever they finally ship :-/ )
I did the Dells a couple weeks ago ;) I really didn't have much interest from others...maybe with the cars having been out longer, next year will generate some more interest. I really think it could be a fun time.

I would like to get over there this weekend but will be racing in Milwaukee again and timing wise it will not work out for me. Let me know how things go at the strip and with the tuning!

Thanks for the congrats and I am planning on getting some RE-11's for next year too. That will be a nice combo once you get them on!

Great stuff as usual Trevor! We're glad to be a part of your team.

Keep up the great work & driving!
I am lucky to be part of such a great team and appreciate the kind words buddy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.