Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Genesis to Blytheville this past weekend and had the lead going into Sunday morning by .14 seconds over the very dominant Mini Cooper S. I made my first past on Sunday at about 95% to make sure I got a clean run in. The second run I tried shifting to third and got locked out when trying to downshift back to second. Had to slow way down to get the car back into 2nd gear. I noticed my tires starting to cord and tried driving all out on the last run, keeping it in second gear, but the car just understeered badly and I ran .2 seconds slower than my first run. I ended up .7 seconds behind first and .9 seconds ahead of third. Jeff S won in a Mini Cooper S and that is his third or fourth Tour win this year so I am very happy that it held its own against a Nationally competitive car/driver. The car received alot of attention from the announcer and fellow racers. I had a handful of people who wanted to sit in it to see how they fit because they were intrested in purchasing one. I think I only received one negative comment...something to the affect that it was weird looking versus about 100 positive comments.

The car was bone stock with the exception of rims/tires. I ran Hoosier 235/35R19 Hoosier A6's up front and 265/35R19 Hoosier A6's in the rear. The front tires corded after only 12 runs and I am not sure if this is due to the LL rating of the tire and the car being to heavy or the car is just that prone to eating tires with stock alignment. I have never had a car get less than 40 runs on a set of A6's (01 Focus SE and Mazda 3S) even in camber challenged cars. I plan to get a race alignment done by "the alignment guy" and will update everyone with how the next set of tires does up front. The backs look fine so I think I am going to try to fit some 265/35R19's up front. This should also help get the car to start oversteering a bit. I plan to take the car to the next Tour stop in Peru Indiana July 4th weekend with the new rubber and really looking forward to seeing how it does with a better setup.

A BIG thanks to Brianna and Jeff for the driving tips and also a HUGE thanks to Buschur Racing for their continued support.

I have heard a couple of comments that the Genesis is maybe an over dog for the class. I did some math and on paper the Mini definitely seems to have the advantage for power/weight and wheelbase for a Solo course. The Genesis has an advantage with size of rubber and braking. I think course layout will have alot to do with whether or not the Genesis can best a Mini at any given event.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Sounds good DNR, thanks for updating us. Keep us posted after each event, I know I want to continue to follow your progress.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. Now that I have the spacers and wheel studs figured out the timing could not be better for the Hoosier 265/35R19's on their way (thankyou Hoosier!). Looking forward to trying out the wider rubber in Peru with the new alignment and increased width. I am going to be raising the tire pressure up front significantly to help combat the wear I experienced on the 235/35R19 per Hoosier's recommendation. I plan to start at 48psi up front and 44 psi in the back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.