Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, what's up everyone? My name is Kevin, and I live in the St. Paul area of Minnesota. I've been interested in the Genesis Coupe ever since I first heard of it, but I just started really looking into it last night, and I can say that I'm very impressed with everything I've heard about it.

A little about me. I currently drive a '92 Eclipse GSX that is just a little bit modified ;) I'm currently running a GT3076 on it, FMIC, sheet metal intake manifold, forged rods and pistons, and all that happy jazz. The car currently makes a little over 300HP on a DynoDynamics chassis dyno. It's very fun to drive, except the tranny kinda sucks. I took it to the drag strip last summer, and with no traction off the line, and granny shifting, I managed to run a 12.60 @ 118. My future plans are to convert it to run on E85, and throw more boost at it and see what it can do.

I previously had a mostly stock '95 240sx, and that was my introduction to the addiction that is RWD. AWD in the Eclipse is fun, but RWD is just so much more fun to drive.

I'm planning on getting a Genesis Coupe sometime this summer. I really want one as soon as they come out, but I'm thinking I'll probably have to wait till July or so due to my current financial situation. I plan on getting the 2.0T with the track package in white, or possibly dark gray, but I would prefer white.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. RWD in the winter here isn't as had as people make it out to be. As long as you have decent snow tires and an LSD, you're good to go... providing you don't drive like an asshat. I drove the 240sx through 2 winters, and never had a problem, untill I came across some black ice one day and rear-ended a mini-van.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.