Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there im steve i found this site just snooping around for genesis coupe info last night and ive decided i wanna get one when they come out here.....
by the way when do the genesis coupes come out here???? im iching for one!!

well for now i drive an 06 evo9 gsr SE. and an 87 mitsu starion esi-r

my evo currently its pushing out 515hp 460tq

my mods are -
k&n drop in filter - with stock air box
ebay intercooler
no name lower intercooler pipe
aps bov
65mm throttle body
65mm port matched intake mani- but not internally ported
kelford 272 cams
bc springs
apr head studs
megan 02 housing
hks downpipe
no name test pipe
works catback
FP red turbo :aargh:
manual boost controller - boosting 33psi
rc engineering 1200cc injectors
buschur dual fuel pump
exedy twin plate clutch

im currently tuned for e85 and dont ever plan on going back to 91oct its the devil but i do have a switch in my car which allows me to switch between 2 tuned maps in real time but im just being lazy with the 91 tune lol

anywho i dont have a current dyno print out of my car but i have my old one which was before i installed the bigger cams, dual fuel pump and upped the boost

and here are pics of the evo and starion

well thats my intro to u guys :jester: hope u like

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no not yet :-(....because of the shitty weather up here and nascar california speedway isnt open for an open invite drags day till april i believe. kinda sucks and there arent any 1/4ths around here in socal except for cali speedway.

apparently socal has such a big ass street racing prob but instead of opening up more track they shut them down......hell you could even donate some of the racing and speeding ticket fines to fund a too tone down the street racing but california is stupid.....its gonna be its own downfall.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks man ya its actually 100% stock and ya when u see it up close it has its blemishes but its 21 years old what do ya expect lol at least its old enough to drink now!!!

but ya esi-r is the model that came with a wide body kit looking similar to the evo's fenders, 5 lug nut design, and front mount intercooler. this is as far as i know lol.

as far as what i want to do as far as mods.....well not a damn thang!!

y u ask? because im re-building one of my old blown evo motors and imma drop it in this beast and take it out on track days and what not or play around with amature drifting competitions. jrob would be happy to hear this but imma use the 2.0 bushur stroker kit on it and use an fp red turbo or hta30r on e85. my goal is 450-550hp

the hardest part about the swap is finding a tranny for it.....im still researching more into it but it looks like i might be limited to the mighty max truck tranny for an evo starion swap :-(

so whats done to your dsm?

i had a 95gsx on the outside it was really ricey *my first car lol* but it has dms link and other lil goodies :-D. and i had a 99 gst.....alone with an 04 evo.

the only thing i havent owned is a 1st gen or galant vr4 lol

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Steve! Welcome to the site. Its a good place and im sure you will like it here. You seem to fit right in. :)

You going to 4G63 the Starion? :D
hell ya imma 4g63 the starion baby!!! im takining apart my blown 4g63 motor in the next few weeks and then getting it bored and honed out and cleaned up. i already got a nice head on it with cosworth cams and springs. so thats a start lol

and tufast:

ya i know like i love the way starions look and perform stock. and also its hard to get any good power outta those motors so thats y im just gonna take out the stock motor and sit it on the side and pop in the evo motor. so id say in 2 years look out for a formula D starion with an evo motor :-D on e85

who knows maybe i can get a buschur sponsorship for it!!!
sense i plan on using mostly buschur parts
IE.- fp red/hta 30r wilson mani, double pumper, coil on plug ignition and i heard that buschur back in the 90's even made a tranny to go with the 4g63 in the starion id be interested in any imfo on that .....and some other cute stuff lol!! just thowing it out there......if you dont like it then threw it right back lol

·
Registered
292 Posts
thanks man ya its actually 100% stock and ya when u see it up close it has its blemishes but its 21 years old what do ya expect lol at least its old enough to drink now!!!

but ya esi-r is the model that came with a wide body kit looking similar to the evo's fenders, 5 lug nut design, and front mount intercooler. this is as far as i know lol.

as far as what i want to do as far as mods.....well not a damn thang!!

y u ask? because im re-building one of my old blown evo motors and imma drop it in this beast and take it out on track days and what not or play around with amature drifting competitions. jrob would be happy to hear this but imma use the 2.0 bushur stroker kit on it and use an fp red turbo or hta30r on e85. my goal is 450-550hp

the hardest part about the swap is finding a tranny for it.....im still researching more into it but it looks like i might be limited to the mighty max truck tranny for an evo starion swap :-(

so whats done to your dsm?

i had a 95gsx on the outside it was really ricey *my first car lol* but it has dms link and other lil goodies :-D. and i had a 99 gst.....alone with an 04 evo.

the only thing i havent owned is a 1st gen or galant vr4 lol
Sounds pretty sweet! I was about to buy a Conquest a couple years ago, but I ended up getting my DSM instead. My plan for that was get a wideblock 2.0 4g63 out of the Mighty Max truck, throw a 2g head on it, figure out some turbo setup, and get the tranny out of a turbo FC RX7 (I'm told they bolt right up)

As far as my DSM, I'm running a GT3076R, custom intercooler piping, ebay intercooler, Tial 50mm BOV, 3" GM airflow sensor and translator, Magnus intake manifold, stock 1g head with HKS 272 cams, 8.5:1 Je pistons, eagle H-beam rods, stock crank, FIC 950cc injectors, walbro 255hp fuel pump, and DSM link. I'm sure there's more, but that's about all I can think of right now. I'm currently runnong 20psi on 92 octane fuel, and making just over 300WHP on a dyno dynamics uncorrected. Next on the list is a switch to E-85, and a shep tranny.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.