Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HKS is never one to follow trends - they set them.* So it should come as no surprise that the first batch of Hyundai Genesis products are hitting the shelves and the streets HKS’s initial run at the Genesis is sure to have something for everyone; from the Legamax Exhaust and S-Type Intercooler for the performance minded or the Limited Edition Oil and Radiator Cap for the dress up types...read more

·
Registered
126 Posts
there exhaust is not worth the money in my opinion. It Dynoed 5-8 WHP with the HKS exhaust and K&N drop in filter on a stock car.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HKS Performance Parts

I've never been a fan of putting too much trust in "one" dyno mainly because there are too many variables that go into them....However I'd say the quality of HKS exhausts is great.

They do have new products for the 3.8 and 2.0....intercooler etc... I think the Genesis has a great future and will be great to see our customers cars!

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
That's nice the axle back fits both the 2.0T and the V6.

·
Registered
34 Posts
there exhaust is not worth the money in my opinion. It Dynoed 5-8 WHP with the HKS exhaust and K&N drop in filter on a stock car.
YOu are going to get the gains you want through a tbe not just a catback. This car is going to need a full 3in just like any other production turbo car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I know that, i was just stating for the price the catback isnt worth 8 whp, and that was with a K&N filter. so with 2 mods it netted that much WHP. there are many other options for a better price. HKS is a brand name, and thats what your paying for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I know that, i was just stating for the price the catback isnt worth 8 whp, and that was with a K&N filter. so with 2 mods it netted that much WHP. there are many other options for a better price. HKS is a brand name, and thats what your paying for.
I totally agree with you. The only thing that I would buy from hks is the bov cuz it is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I'll second that notion on the BOV although I don't like the design. I have used their BOVs before but nothing else. Case and point, 2k for a FMIC kit that has puny pipes and a wimpy looking core. I know from an engineering perspective that bigger is not always better, but come on, 2.25" pipes on a 2k UPGRADE kit?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll second that notion on the BOV although I don't like the design. I have used their BOVs before but nothing else. Case and point, 2k for a FMIC kit that has puny pipes and a wimpy looking core. I know from an engineering perspective that bigger is not always better, but come on, 2.25" pipes on a 2k UPGRADE kit?
I liked the old design better than the new one. The new one looks like plastic. I had a hks on my srt and loved it.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
141 Posts
I personally love the "spaceship" sound my BR intake gives the car with the factory bypass valve. I may look into the HKS unit when Im making bigger numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts