Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

What color Genesis Coupe are you getting ?

• Karussell White

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • Bathurst Black

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Silverstone

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Nordschleife Gray

Votes: 42 30.2%
  • Aqua Minerale Blue

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Tsukuba Red

Votes: 9 6.5%
  • Mirabeau Blue

Votes: 15 10.8%
  • Lime Rock Green

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • Interlagos Yellow

Votes: 2 1.4%
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
It's not only this car but every car is most popular in grey because they always look pretty good and they are easy to keep looking clean. With that said I don't care how good grey looks because I am sick of it. I'm with curtdragon though I wanted blue because it's not a common color at all but I wanted the track edition for the LSD and you can't get blue. Dilema Dilema
do you really need these parts: (I really only want the fogs, HID and LSD) the wheels id sell and the brakes and suspension, if I do mod it will be replaced anyway, plus I just love the blue
Dilema Dilema
The factory-tuned 2.0T Track model builds from the 2.0T Premium, adding/substituting:
· 19-inch Euroflange gunmetal finish alloy wheels with staggered high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (P225/40YR19 front, P245/40YR19 rear)
· Unique Brembo braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
· Unique track-tuned suspension, higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, strut brace
· Torsen-type limited-slip differential
· Black leather bolster seats with high-friction red cloth insert
· Aluminum pedals
· Aero windshield wipers
· Rear spoiler
· Xenon HID headlamps
· Fog lamps
· Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
· Navigation system (mid-year availability)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the Track edition and go get it repainted.:dunno:
Not exactly cheap to paint a car a different color, and you certainly wouldn't want to spend that type of money after buying a brand new car that should be offered in that color anyway.

I think it's stupid that they do that, and if that were my position, I'd end up buying a less expensive model instead. The 3.8 Track yellow is fine, since it's exclusive to the high-end model, but not offering a standard color on one random trim is retarded.

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
Not exactly cheap to paint a car a different color, and you certainly wouldn't want to spend that type of money after buying a brand new car that should be offered in that color anyway.

I think it's stupid that they do that, and if that were my position, I'd end up buying a less expensive model instead. The 3.8 Track yellow is fine, since it's exclusive to the high-end model, but not offering a standard color on one random trim is retarded.
I agree its retarded! I also hate the limerock green and the aqua blue from the poll its looks like everyone else does to.

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
I'm surprised that they did that green instead of keeping that awesome orange from the concept Coupe. If that orange were available I'd get that for sure.
I asked John Krafcik that tonight and he said that they are working on that orange but its hard to make it that color and make it a quality paint job. So I guess we'll see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I asked John Krafcik that tonight and he said that they are working on that orange but its hard to make it that color and make it a quality paint job. So I guess we'll see.
I don't know about that. It doesn't have to be the exact same color, but very close. Remember what Mitsubishi did with the Eclipse?

Here's the concept, with a highly custom pearlescent orange finish:

And the production orange. Similar color, still cool looking just not quite as cool:

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)

·
Registered
7 Posts
chapter one of the "how to be a tool" handbook clearly states to go buy a yellow car.

so yellow is out

white insuates you're a mid-20's sorority girl turned teacher that still hangs flower necklaces and mardi gras beads from rearview mirror. or a ricer. (dont forget to slap on your pink quicksilver sticker shaped like a heart)

so white is out.

red is for men that can't quite get the point across with a rainbow bumper sticker. also twice as likely to get pulled over.

so red is out.

lime green . . . . something you buy your 16yr old daughter only so she can trade it in when she graduates and buys a white car.

so lime green is out.

if you are a man driving a light blue car you best be a tarheel fan.

so light blue is out unless you live in durham, nc.

i'll take whatever is left.

·
Registered
16 Posts
chapter one of the "how to be a tool" handbook clearly states to go buy a yellow car.

so yellow is out

white insuates you're a mid-20's sorority girl turned teacher that still hangs flower necklaces and mardi gras beads from rearview mirror. or a ricer. (dont forget to slap on your pink quicksilver sticker shaped like a heart)

so white is out.

red is for men that can't quite get the point across with a rainbow bumper sticker. also twice as likely to get pulled over.

so red is out.

lime green . . . . something you buy your 16yr old daughter only so she can trade it in when she graduates and buys a white car.

so lime green is out.

if you are a man driving a light blue car you best be a tarheel fan.

so light blue is out unless you live in durham, nc.

i'll take whatever is left.
Ha! Red can mean all sorts of things about you, none of them generally good. On a side note, I live about 15 minutes from Durham, NC so while I could get the light blue, I'd prefer the darker blue.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #51

·
Registered
81 Posts
people loved that color on the Tib......mostly those with the 16 yo kids and their kids loved it too. I think they should bring color back exactly the same for the coupe. Maybe a track 2.0 exclusive???? HMA are you listeneing? I WANT THAT COLOR on my 2.0 [email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would have to say that i would like to get the Bathurst Black... I saw the Black with tint R-Spec at the Chicago Auto show today and it was sweet...

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
A bit of an update as of 15min ago. :)

When I first ordered my Coupe it was VERY tough to chose between Gray and White.

I have switched the color of my Coupe in order to be "different". I will now be getting Karussell White. I was lucky enough to have the cards fall in my favor. Hatfield Hyundai in Columbus Ohio where I ordered my car from has 2 - 4cyl 2.0T track package Coupe's coming in. The Nordschleife Gray and Karussell White.

Its looking like the white one may arrive tomorrow according to my dealer.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Like Gray, Black, Silver, Light Blue, Blue, White...

If I buy~ I really want to see all of them in person to make final decision

41 - 60 of 77 Posts