Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How did Hyundai improve Accent's EPA fuel economy for 2010 without adding thousands of dollars to the price like a hybrid does? The answer is the introduction of the high mileage "Blue" edition and smart engineering to all Accent models. Accent's fuel efficiency is improved by up to 9%, reaching as high as 36mpg on the highway.

All 2010 Accents receive lower friction engine components, aerodynamic improvements, lower-rolling-resistance silica tires, a "smart" alternator management system and other enhancements all aimed at reducing fuel consumption. The Accent Blue receives the treatment plus revised transmission gear ratios and lowered ride height to achieve even greater fuel efficiency. In fact, the Blue edition is lowest priced Accent, starting around $10k. It also has the highest MPG-per-dollar ratios in the industry. This new high milage Accent will be identified with unique "Blue" badging.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeah i dont get why all of the other companies are making super heavy electric powered cars when they should be focusing on small, light, small engine cars. its SO much worse to make this big batteries and ship them all over the world than to build a little accent type car.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Shit man, Honda had the recipe right back in the 80s and early 90s with the civic. Small, lightweight car, small engines, super good gas mileage (I got 55mpg with my 89 hatch before it was turbo'd). Totally understand what youre saying! Bring back the small econocar!

·
Registered
668 Posts
36 mpg? Hell my 5-speed 05 accent got up to 40 mpg. :p

Oh I miss that thing with our gas prices now..

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Shit man, Honda had the recipe right back in the 80s and early 90s with the civic. Small, lightweight car, small engines, super good gas mileage (I got 55mpg with my 89 hatch before it was turbo'd). Totally understand what youre saying! Bring back the small econocar!
CRX was about 50+ MPG in the mid 80's.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
yeah i dont get why all of the other companies are making super heavy electric powered cars when they should be focusing on small, light, small engine cars. its SO much worse to make this big batteries and ship them all over the world than to build a little accent type car.
The government is pushing this, giving them billions in the process.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
How did Hyundai improve Accent's EPA fuel economy for 2010 without adding thousands of dollars to the price like a hybrid does? The answer is the introduction of the high mileage "Blue" edition and smart engineering to all Accent models. Accent's fuel efficiency is improved by up to 9%, reaching as high as 36mpg on the highway.

All 2010 Accents receive lower friction engine components, aerodynamic improvements, lower-rolling-resistance silica tires, a "smart" alternator management system and other enhancements all aimed at reducing fuel consumption. The Accent Blue receives the treatment plus revised transmission gear ratios and lowered ride height to achieve even greater fuel efficiency. In fact, the Blue edition is lowest priced Accent, starting around $10k. It also has the highest MPG-per-dollar ratios in the industry. This new high milage Accent will be identified with unique "Blue" badging.
I think this type is technology is much better to use. Low friction parts, lighter cars. If you need to replace all the infrastructure to handle plug ins etc., does it really better the environment? I really don't think so since it will take just as much if not more in electrical usage. Of course a hybrid does not get plugged in but you still have the heavy battery problem.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
My dad's '65 Comet inline 6cyl got 50mpg carbereated when I was a baby in the late 60s early 70s. He tells me there were plenty of vehicles out there that got that kinda mileage B4 all the extra weight & environmental BS equipment got added on.

He knew of technology for carbereated vehicles back then that would allow cars to get nearly 100mpg, but the oil companies bought up that technology for a pretty penny & destroyed it so that they could sell more oil for automotive fuel.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
668 Posts
My 09 Accent went from 37 to 39 mpg with the change from 5w20 dino to 5w30 synthetic oil.
Yes I noticed my Coupe also went up on better gas mileage from changing to Castrol GTX 5w20 to Castrol GTX 5w30

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Originally Posted by MSUGeoman22 View Post

CRX was about 50+ MPG in the mid 80's.
You guys sure of that?

Have Civic EG6 which doesn't qualify for Clunker...never knew make such high mpg?

Added : Forgot what I was suppose to say..

Accent may have better look.............which one?

Verna 4d from Korea....aggressive look with aero makes better mpg.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts