1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm just waiting for the release date so i can give my down payment and get a qoute on my trade in as soon as the first white one hits the lot its .:eek:wned:

·
Registered
390 Posts
i just told the subaru guy that wants to sell me a WRX that i'm waiting on a R-spec genesis coupe before i decide but right now the WRX would need a huge discount to come close to being worthy of consideration compared to the gen coupe.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i just told the subaru guy that wants to sell me a WRX that i'm waiting on a R-spec genesis coupe before i decide but right now the WRX would need a huge discount to come close to being worthy of consideration compared to the gen coupe.
I completely agree with you there.
both the ralliart lancer and wrx imprezza are priced to be competition with the 3.8 rather than the 2.0t.
If r-spec is the price point you are looking at, you won't be getting into a wrx thats for sure.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I completely agree with you there.
both the ralliart lancer and wrx imprezza are priced to be competition with the 3.8 rather than the 2.0t.
If r-spec is the price point you are looking at, you won't be getting into a wrx thats for sure.
you're thinking of the WRX STI. the regular WRX isn't anywhere near the level of the evo or genesis v6.

·
Registered
458 Posts
you're thinking of the WRX STI. the regular WRX isn't anywhere near the level of the evo or genesis v6.
The cars must be much cheaper down south. a Base 3.8 is 32,995
A 2.0T GT is 30,745, base 2.0t is 24,495
The base WRX is 32,495, fully loaded 5dr lists at 35,395
and a Ralliart is 32,998, or with the stereo and sunroof, add and extra 5k.

an STI will run you 39,995 and EVO's start at 39,998.
if your talking about 3.8GT, that'll run you 36,495.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Might want to double check that, the WRX beats the Gen V6 by a good 1/2 second in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. It's actually faster in a straight line than the STi. This is the 2009 WRX of course.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Might want to double check that, the WRX beats the Gen V6 by a good 1/2 second in both 0-60 and 1/4 mile. It's actually faster in a straight line than the STi. This is the 2009 WRX of course.
im talking about price point and the car overall. if a car being faster in a straight line makes it better then there shouldn't be any members on this board.

pumcy - im comparing base WRX to 2.0t track or 2.0t rspec. invoice on the wrx is $24K, invoice for the gen 2.0t track is $25500. invoice on the rspec will probably be around $22500.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The cars must be much cheaper down south. a Base 3.8 is 32,995
A 2.0T GT is 30,745, base 2.0t is 24,495
The base WRX is 32,495, fully loaded 5dr lists at 35,395
and a Ralliart is 32,998, or with the stereo and sunroof, add and extra 5k.

an STI will run you 39,995 and EVO's start at 39,998.
if your talking about 3.8GT, that'll run you 36,495.
Prices are much cheaper this side of the border...LoL

im talking about price point and the car overall. if a car being faster in a straight line makes it better then there shouldn't be any members on this board.

pumcy - im comparing base WRX to 2.0t track or 2.0t rspec. invoice on the wrx is $24K, invoice for the gen 2.0t track is $25500. invoice on the rspec will probably be around $22500.
That sounds about right for invoice pricing, although I can assure you they will not be selling R-Specs at invoice for while.....Way too many people waiting on this car & demand will be high.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
390 Posts
That sounds about right for invoice pricing, although I can assure you they will not be selling R-Specs at invoice for while.....Way too many people waiting on this car & demand will be high.
you'd think that because we want it but i only want it after much debate about the huge problem of it having zero options. they will sell far more tracks than rspecs simply because the minor difference in payments wont mean much to most folks who dont see the big picture.

i drove a WRX the other day. i'll come down to pricepoint vs wrx vs rspec. i've already spoken with the salesmen. if i have to order my rspec i'll get it for invoice if that is where i land (and that seems to be where its going).

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hyundai has hinted that anything is possible, but it was not in the plans at this point.
i really really really want to know.

tufast, do you know if someone orders a car at a particular time, do they get that particular interest rate and incentives at the time of order or are they at the mercy of whatever deals are going on when they get their car in?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i really really really want to know.

tufast, do you know if someone orders a car at a particular time, do they get that particular interest rate and incentives at the time of order or are they at the mercy of whatever deals are going on when they get their car in?
When you "order" a car be sure to get what ever agreement you & the dealer come upon in writing. Otherwise you are at their mercy when it comes time to purchase or finance & would probably be based off what ever deals are running at that time.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
151 Posts
When you "order" a car be sure to get what ever agreement you & the dealer come upon in writing. Otherwise you are at their mercy when it comes time to purchase or finance & would probably be based off what ever deals are running at that time.
I would hope to have a good dealer in this case, I am not the kind of person you want to piss off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts