Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

How much are you willing to spend on mods?

• 0-$500

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • $501-$1,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $1,001-$2,000

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • $2,001-$3,000

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • $3,001-$5,000

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • $5,001-$7,500

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • $7,501-$10,000

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • $10,001-$15,000

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • $15,001-$20,000

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • over $20,000

Votes: 2 5.4%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm hoping that parts will be relatively cheap. Probably getting coilovers, wheels, I/H/E, blower kit, and a conservative body kit. I'm probably dreaming with the 5-7.5k range.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
My estimate~ Personal side (my preference)

Suspension - $2,500 full coil over with 30 increment adjustment for compression, height adj......by DG-5
Wheel - $2,000 Advan RS 19"
Tires - $1,000 Bridgestone RE 19"
HKS - front bumper, if they have it $800 my estimate
Side and rear will be customize - somewhere $1,000
$7,300 from above at retail level........

Company side~

Turbo upgrade - don't have slight idea, but it will cost somewhere $5,000 for everything (full kit), but I am sure some of parts will be sponsor to our company from Korean manufacturer.

As much as I like IHI RXR from Power Enterprise ball bearing turbo, I am sure we'll use Garrett from company partner.

Turbo manifold, exhaust.....everything can be done in-house in Korea, but may consider sponsor company's parts to promote together.

Come to thing of it, I should seriously consider budget planning now for new project car and personal ride.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What can I say I'm cheap! lol
If you voted, you are not cheap, none of the above votes are below 3 grand so far & that's not cheap. $3,000 is still alot of money to invest in a ride that's brand new, at least to the average automobile owner. Considering we are entusiasts, maybe that's avg. But, that's why I decided to do this poll, to get an idea of what the avg enthusiast is willing to spend on mods during the 1st couple of years.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you voted, you are not cheap, none of the above votes are below 3 grand so far & that's not cheap. $3,000 is still alot of money to invest in a ride that's brand new, at least to the average automobile owner. Considering we are entusiasts, maybe that's avg. But, that's why I decided to do this poll, to get an idea of what the avg enthusiast is willing to spend on mods during the 1st couple of years.
wait, first couple of years? I thought this was the first 6 months, lol

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Yeah I voted around $3,000 in mods. 800-1000 will be in new tires cuz I plan on going to the autocross and drag strip as often as I can with the occasional burnout :cool:. It's interesting, SEMA did a study and found that more than half of the surveyed plan on spending around $2,500 or more.

wait, first couple of years? I thought this was the first 6 months, lol
Haha, so you are gonna be one of the trend setters and modifying and test for us guys who might wait for a bit before doing mods ehh? ;)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
After break in period & 1st oil change....
1st week - dyno & weigh stock GenCoupe, then turn turbo up & tune, followed by 2nd dyno
2nd week - purchase/install stereo (already have) CAI & cat-back exaust, re-tune, then dyno 3rd time,
3rd week on (for 1st yr or so) - save to purchase alot of CF body parts
2nd year beginning - purchase CF panels & have painted to match, then re-weigh vehicle
during 2nd year - save for go-fast parts (turbo, intercooler, etc)
End of 2nd year - purchase & install all go-fast parts then dyno 4th time
at this point hopefully 400whp & under 3000lbs spending $10,000:rofl:
3rd year - purchase new upgraded suspension, wheels, & tires - done......another $4,500:yikes:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
1st week - dyno & weigh stock GenCoupe, then turn turbo up & tune, followed by 2nd dyno
2nd week - purchase/install stereo (already have) CAI & cat-back exaust, re-tune, then dyno 3rd time,
3rd week on (for 1st yr or so) - save to purchase alot of CF body parts
2nd year beginning - purchase CF panels & have painted to match, then re-weigh vehicle
during 2nd year - save for go-fast parts (turbo, intercooler, etc)
End of 2nd year - purchase & install all go-fast parts then dyno 4th time
at this point hopefully 400whp & under 3000lbs spending $10,000:rofl:
3rd year - purchase new upgraded suspension, wheels, & tires - done......another $4,500:yikes:
Yeah sometimes I forget how easy it is too spend money on our cars. That's why I want to fab some of my own parts to save a little money. I've already got most of the essential tools, (metal bandsaw, drill press, TIG welder) so we'll see how it goes. I'll order my own tubing for everything and go at it once I take the measurements I need. I'll probably order an intercooler core and do my own custom front mount, and maybe a custom turbo manifold as well. Maybe I can do it all for less than 2-3,000.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
96 Posts
well

Stance Coilover 1200
GTC01 + tires 2300
Camber allign ment 300
front grille and fog light bez 300

waiting on functional carbon trunk, hood, diffuser and turbo kit then recoupe for a year and buy a spare block hopefully stroker kit and build serious power so i know im in the 15-20k+ range

·
Registered
275 Posts
only thing im doing is some new tires, drop, the rest is on GO FAST GOODIES! I want some new wheels but i cant see myself spending 3400 on some Volks and another 1000 for tires! LOL i rather spend that on Mods! I like the stock wheels just gotta get a Drop and im Gravy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
i put 5-7, probably closer to the 5. that'll be spread out over several years. and up to ~1500 or so would be mostly aesthetic/non-performance mods, like tint, front/rear bumpers.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i think ill be spending about 2 or 3k in the first year until i master the RWD platform (nothing but FWD before this). then after that im not sure cause no body knows how cheap or plentiful these parts are going to be.

·
Registered
390 Posts
first order of business is to ditch hyundai in favor of genesis badges. then brakes, then shocks/springs, then exhuast, then fmic, then a jato rocket trunk lid retrofit.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've decided to save up $7 grand B4 purchase, $2 grand of which will be for lease down payment. The other $5,000 will be spent on bushings, mounts, caliper bolts, coil overs, SS brake & clutch lines, brake pads, clutch, shifter, shifter knob, replacement of all fluids with my choice & hopefully Forgestar F14s & tires.

That way the brakes, clutch, & suspension will be done. Then I can focus on CF & go-fast parts from there on out.

·
Registered
144 Posts
i figure i spent over 10,000 on my spec v...i could at least spend that much on the R-spec (when i get it...of course)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
At first I was figuring on dropping it and throwing on some aftermarket wheels. But the wheels are gonna wait for now along with the suspension. The track version is working for me so far. So I'm lookin at a CAI, catback(or full:dunno:) exhaust and a tune, if it needs it. Should put me around 300whp and leave it at that................for now................maybe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts