Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has removed the "GENESIS" letters or "Coupe" badge and the "3.8" from the rear deck lid?
Can they just be removed with a heat gun without leaving any holes? I know the center "H" is sitting in a depression in the deck lid so it will pretty much have to stay...but if the rest can be SAFELY removed without leaving and holes or such I'd be interested in doing so. I also eventually want to replace the front grill with something emblem free.
Any advice or info would be appreciated.
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
668 Posts
^ Yep, what he said. Actually even the H can be taken off too. I've de-badged and replaced mine completely. The H is mostly the same 3M tape, however it has two screws that will need to be taken off from inside the trunk. Just move the liner out of the way and you'll see where it's at. If you don't put anything in it's place however, you'll have two small, square holes left to attract water to the inside of your trunk though...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Removed my H without bothering with the screws. At the time used a hair dryer and a credit card. After lifting the edges, it pulled straight out, screws still intact. Changed my mind though after a replacement emblem became tarnished, painted the H , customized, and reattached it just the other day with the 3M tape.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
^ Yep, what he said. Actually even the H can be taken off too. I've de-badged and replaced mine completely. The H is mostly the same 3M tape, however it has two screws that will need to be taken off from inside the trunk. Just move the liner out of the way and you'll see where it's at. If you don't put anything in it's place however, you'll have two small, square holes left to attract water to the inside of your trunk though...
I skipped having to do all that. The cheap plastic Hyundai emblem on the trunk: easily just snapped off using the right amount of pressure and flathead screwdriver with the tip wrapped with a microfiber cloth. No need to even open the trunk!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts