Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Found out to buy this diff if you have a base model and want to install it will cost you $2000. That is the cost from Hyundai who knows what they charge to buy it out right.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quaife (Helical Type) and Cusco (Clutch Type) also make aftermarket LSDs for the Genesis coupe. A Cusco 1.5 way would be a great set up for both cicuit and drift because it allows you to accurately control the movement of the rear of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LSD on Track does ot appear to work

Question - Just bought a 3.8 fully loaded Track that is supposed to have LSD - when i pull it out of my driveway into an alley with uneven pavement, one rear wheel makes little ground contact. The non-contact wheel just spins (acting like an open differential). I just about have to get out an push it to move it forward. Advice??

·
Registered
634 Posts
Question - Just bought a 3.8 fully loaded Track that is supposed to have LSD - when i pull it out of my driveway into an alley with uneven pavement, one rear wheel makes little ground contact. The non-contact wheel just spins (acting like an open differential). I just about have to get out an push it to move it forward. Advice??
Yeah don't get stuck... the way are LSD works is the more power you apply and the faster you apply it the harder it will lock if I am not mistaken. So you will notice if you were to just pop the clutch and give it the beans it will probably lock on you. Probably not going to be healthy for it if you are doing it on a 50/50 surface where one is stuck and one is free.

But this it why when you are on dry pavment and punch they will be spin but you you are starting at a low speed and building power it will just transfer to the free wheel. without an electronic lock or something even a hydrolic it wont really be good at getting you "unstuck" this is why on SUVs and Trucks you see them with the option or auto locking diffs or on the old truck you used to have to get out and lock the hubs.

Hope this helps... But trust me if you punch it on open street get out and look you will see two very nice tire marks from a track or rspec. PROMISE :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 2.0t R-Spec/Track differential carrier assembly part# 53000-25500
2010 3.8L Track differential carrier assembly part# 53000-25520
Both are priced out at $3673.26 (MSRP) & $2962.30 (List)
Hi are you able to find the part numbers for the 2.0t 2012 2011 and 2010 carrier assemblies with LSD? I want to know if they are the same?

Thanks

21 - 27 of 27 Posts