Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Hyundai Genesis Coupe to make its U.K. debut by the end of the year

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Kamkaze 
#1 ·
Hyundai has confirmed that the rear-drive Genesis Coupe will be built in right-hand drive and will arrive in the UK towards the end of 2010. The coupe is based on the Genesis saloon, which will be built in right-hand drive as well; however, it will not come to the UK. Rather, it will be sold only in Australia, Japan and South Africa. The engine choices vary for Hyundai Europe and Hyundai UK. Europe is reported to prefer a four-cylinder 2.0-liter turbo, while the UK has a liking for a V6. Continued after the jump!

The four-cylinder produces 207bhp at 6000rpm and 223lb ft at 2000rpm, while the V6 produces 302bhp at 6300rpm and 266lb ft at 4700rpm. The Coupe comes with a six-speed manual ’box or a six-speed ZF auto. Moreover, the US model offers a limited-slip diff as an option.

Hyundai is slated to produce up to six new models until 2011. This lineup includes the Veloster coupe and the i40, which replaces the Sonata and will be launched first as an estate.

According to a Hyundai insider, the difference between the i40 and the Sonata can be likened to the Accent and the i30. Hyundai also plans to give the i10 a facelift as well as Hyundai’s new three-cylinder petrol engines at the end of next year.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.