Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
The Chicago Auto Show featured the Hyundai Genesis Coupe pricing and the debut of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe R-Spec, but it's this 480 HP prototype supercharged Tau V8 that has our gears turning.

The 4.6 liter Tau V8 offered in the Hyundai Genesis Sedan normally cranks out 380 HP, but this prototype engine gets a screw-type supercharger with a novel clutched pulley, a water-to-air intercooler, and cylinder deactivation. This results in 460 HP and 435 lb-ft of torque while returning 8% better fuel economy.

The flow path is rather unique as well, with the supercharger intake at the rear, charged air going down into the intercooler and then back up into a split plenum which feeds the throttle at the rear of the engine. There aren't any formal plans to introduce this engine to any product at the moment, but it exists, which means there's a gleam in someone's eye. Perhaps sooner or later we'll get to run the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec Sedan versus the Chrysler 300C SRT8.

Prototype Supercharged Tau V8 Presentation
Tau V8 Presentation

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
Thanks, sabba

Ha, I finally have power.:jump: Ya'll didn't know all I had B4 was a title.:jester:

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
The Genesis name will start a Legacy, mark my words. Hyundai is going about this the right way no matter what critics think & they are getting the community pumped up. They are leaving doors open so they can walk through them later. My guess is they have a basic outline of how they want things to come about in order to keep the public interested & excited in their brand. The rest of the manufacturers (besides Nissan) are sleeping while Hyundai is going full speed.

·
Premium Member
10,779 Posts
I just hope this engine is strong (either). If not, it will kill this car quickly. That is the one place they need to get it right the first time.
+1...it's less difficult to replace/bolt on supporting mods than it is to replace or build up the engine bottom end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
ReConnect is an integrative wellness center that focuses deeply on all the dimensions of YOU. Our services stem from mental health and range from specialized yoga to functional nutrition. Our approach is holistic in pursuit of YOUR overall wellbeing and happiness. Our practitioners work collaboratively to create individualized wellness plans and support you as you go through your healing process. Visit: Best wellness center in Austin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts