Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will possibly be attending another Hyundai Think Tank Session in a couple of weeks. This time John Krafcik will be attending and interacting with the Think Tank community. If you have any questions or comments about anything Hyundai (doesn't have to be Genesis Related) you would like me to relay in this session please let me know and I will do my best to represent the forums.

Thanks!
Henry

·
Registered
139 Posts
yeah ask them if there developing a dealer assesory guide for the coupe and ask why hyundai canada has hyundai performace parts but not the u.s.a? just curious... you would think they would do the same for the u.s knowing we are going to mod the heck out of are cars, why not have a piece of the aftermarket pie and be able to warranty it with the car like other hyundai dealer installed assesorys.....

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Hopefully this think tank will be GenCoupe oriented as well as sedan

OK, here's my list..:jump:
1) When is the R-Spec going to be available approx?
2) Is there a chance of light weight materials (i.e CF top panels, roof etc) making it into the R-Spec?
3) Is the R-Spec going to be only lighter weight that Track model or will the turbo be turned up plus other power mods?
4) When will Hyundai be implementing direct injection in their lineup & more importantly, when will the GenCoupe see it?
5) I know that they put a halt to the GenCoupe convertable, but are they possibly still going to offer the targa top version?
6) Is the sedan oing to get bumped up to 5.0L if it gets DI?
7) Will the R-Spec be available w/HIDs or ipod connectivity? & if not what's the chance of being able to add these 2 features? As they will be a requirement for me.
8) Will the R-Spec have the black cloth interior w/the red inserts in the seats & door panels or will is just be solid black?
9) Will the sedan start seeing some of the missing features off of the KDM version? (i.e brake assist, adaptive lighting, cruise assist, parking assist, etc)
10) Will the Elantra Touring wagon come w/sportier suspension, brakes, or more power than the standard Elantra?
11) When can we expect to start seeing the hybrid Sonatas?
12) Are there going to be factory warranty backed upgraded performance parts available through Hyundai to be installed by Hyundai svc dpts? (i.e Nismo)
13) Will there be any color variations on the R-Spec compared to the rest of the GenCoupe lineup?
14) Will there eventually be an R-Spec version of the 3.8L GenCoupe?
15) Will there be a performance version of the 4.6L sedan? ( i.e AMG, M-spt)
16) Will there be a true high end performance coupe eventually w/a V/8 shoe-horned into the engine bay w/a big bulging hood?
17) Does the R-Spec coming with a spoiler? I hope not.
18) Will we start seeing turbo diesels any time in the near future here in the states?
I guess that's enough fo now..

·
Registered
555 Posts
I can already answer # 9 and # 10...

The US version of the sedan DOES have available adaptive front lighting on the cars with HIDs. It also has brake assist and parking assist. The adaptive cruise control will be late availability, as (from what I understand) they were still working some bugs out of it.

Park assist is what they call the front and rear bumper sensors, and beeps when you get close to an object. Park assist like what was featured in one of the higher model Lexus cars (self-parking) will not be available at all.

The Elantra Touring will indeed have a sportier suspension setup than the Elantra. They are actually completely different cars altogether. More horsepower, no. Brakes I'm not sure about, but like I said the two cars share NO parts.

Sorry, not trying to butt in or hijack anything, just hate for you to ask questions to get information that's already available...

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
I can already answer # 9 and # 10...

The US version of the sedan DOES have available adaptive front lighting on the cars with HIDs. It also has brake assist and parking assist. The adaptive cruise control will be late availability, as (from what I understand) they were still working some bugs out of it.

Park assist is what they call the front and rear bumper sensors, and beeps when you get close to an object. Park assist like what was featured in one of the higher model Lexus cars (self-parking) will not be available at all.

The Elantra Touring will indeed have a sportier suspension setup than the Elantra. They are actually completely different cars altogether. More horsepower, no. Brakes I'm not sure about, but like I said the two cars share NO parts.

Sorry, not trying to butt in or hijack anything, just hate for you to ask questions to get information that's already available...
Thanks & don't appolgize, that's what want is answers & if they are correct, I don't care where they came from...I'm suprised that the 2 Elantras share no parts though...:dunno:

To answer #7, according to the official options list, the Rspec won't have HIDs, but it is my understanding that Ipod and USB connectivity will be standard on all models
Yeah, that's what I gathered too, but sabbasaun, tell them someone very important wants HIDs on his R-Spec & he wants to know what'll take to make it happen...LoL:jester:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input guys, I wil relay what I can. I'm suspecting that we will have a session with Derek Joyce at some point too to give him feedback regarding the car.

Also if anyone is interested in joining the Hyundai Think Tank let me know in a PM, I'll forward a link to you and you can try to get on.

Stay tuned...

Henry

·
Registered
555 Posts
I tried, but it denied me. Wrong age, or maybe it's because I work in the automotive field, specifically for Hyundai... I dunno.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well, I mean sure I'm a little biased towards Hyundai, but I am in a position where I know the things that customers complain about (legitimate complaints of course) and what they'd like to see in the cars.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I just figured you had to have the right blood type or something... lol.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Let see,

1) will there be any "tuner" parts from the dealership thats GTG. IE Morpar stuff for the SRT-4
2)Will there be any motor sports gigs to advertise the car(Road Racing, Formula D and the like)
3) Will there ever be a V8 coupe?

Thats all I can think of right now.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I mean sure I'm a little biased towards Hyundai, but I am in a position where I know the things that customers complain about (legitimate complaints of course) and what they'd like to see in the cars.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I just figured you had to have the right blood type or something... lol.
Well I'm just as biased seeing as we run a Hyundai Forum... but ya, you probably don't have the right blood type

:D

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts

+1....but, to be honest, I've got enough on my plate. So' i'd rather just give my questions to you sabbasaun & let you get back to me with the answers.LoL

·
The Dude
2,118 Posts
Well I asked John Krafcik during the session:

1. Will there be a orange coupe and he said that they are working on it but its hard gettting that color to look good and be quality.

2. Will we see a Rhys Millen Edtion Coupe and he said thats a good Idea he liked it and thinks Rhys would too. So who knows maybe there will be one. He did say that there will be Special Edtions.

3. I told him I wanted to Jeff Bridges in person not just voiceover on one of there commercials and he said that can be arranged. So hopefully!

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Well I asked John Krafcik during the session:

1. Will there be a orange coupe and he said that they are working on it but its hard gettting that color to look good and be quality.

2. Will we see a Rhys Millen Edtion Coupe and he said thats a good Idea he liked it and thinks Rhys would too. So who knows maybe there will be one. He did say that there will be Special Edtions.

3. I told him I wanted to Jeff Bridges in person not just voiceover on one of there commercials and he said that can be arranged. So hopefully!
I call BS on the 1st statement above: Hyundai has already used a viable orange that's 2die4 on the 06' Tiburon SE - ORANGE CRUSH (color code VH) & heres a pic of it:

·
Registered
555 Posts
^^^^^ No kidding, we have only sold ONE Tiburon that color since I've started working here. Some tuner punk with a Saturn Ion Redline bought it and wrecked it. It was an absolutely gorgeous color in the direct sunlight.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
^^^^^ No kidding, we have only sold ONE Tiburon that color since I've started working here. Some tuner punk with a Saturn Ion Redline bought it and wrecked it. It was an absolutely gorgeous color in the direct sunlight.
We only sold 2, 1 is still factory with about 35k mi on it now, the other has after market wheels & stereo, but that's about it. It has about the same milage I think, but it doesn't get svcd here, so I only see it every once in a while...Still, it's a really good looking color in person & I was even going to paint my 65' Mustang that color. Now I think I'm going to sell the 65' Stang, because I'm not so sure I want to go through trouble of restoring it LoL. The Jeep has taken alot out of me...

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
We only sold 2, 1 is still factory with about 35k mi on it now, the other has after market wheels & stereo, but that's about it. It has about the same milage I think, but it doesn't get svcd here, so I only see it every once in a while...Still, it's a really good looking color in person & I was even going to paint my 65' Mustang that color. Now I think I'm going to sell the 65' Stang, because I'm not so sure I want to go through trouble of restoring it LoL. The Jeep has taken alot out of me...
I am at the same dilemma with my 72 Corvette. 75% done, but man I am beat down by that thing. If I don't get the cash to pay to get it finished, it may be on the block soon. Its a shame too, I have 100's of hours into it and every nut and bolt and line is new in stainless. Motor has never even turned over yet.

Orange is a unique color. My 72 Corvette was orange. You either love it or hate it. I also think the Nissan 350Z orange metallic is nice as is the Lambo orange.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.