Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could I be holding in my hand.... no no get your mind out of the gutter, it's nothing X rated...... it's something straight from Korea.... something that will help make those of you with high HP dreams a reality..... what is it?? well none other than an aftermarket piston rod!

Yes some of our tuning friends in Korea were kind enough to send us a sample aftermarket piston rod for the Theta 2.0l turbo engine. They say this rod will be able to withstand ~600hp.

The quality of this piece is very nice, high strength and lightweight. I've watched videos of them hammering the side of these rods with a BFH and it did not snap or even bend like the stock rods did. Very promising. I just need 3 more for my upgrade. lol

scroll below for pics!

keep scrolling

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Well 600hp would be a start at least :shifting:
I'm interested to know if this connecting rod looks similar to what you'd see in the engines of your respective expertise. Seems this part looks pretty stout but I want to hear it from the experts. Since sabbasaun has this part in his possession he may be able to give you guys a heads up on what to expect for these engines.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
What could I be holding in my hand.... no no get your mind out of the gutter, it's nothing X rated...... it's something straight from Korea.... something that will help make those of you with high HP dreams a reality..... what is it?? well none other than an aftermarket piston rod!

Yes some of our tuning friends in Korea were kind enough to send us a sample aftermarket piston rod for the Theta 2.0l turbo engine. They say this rod will be able to withstand ~600hp.

The quality of this piece is very nice, high strength and lightweight. I've watched videos of them hammering the side of these rods with a BFH and it did not snap or even bend like the stock rods did. Very promising. I just need 3 more for my upgrade. lol

scroll below for pics!
Sabba you can now say you own the first ever aftermarket part for the Theta engine in the whole USA! Yes a meaningless award but an award nonetheless! :)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.