Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A local hyundai dealer here in miami (potamkin hyundai)

saw a 380gt track in person...with the asking price of

scroll down......................

$37,995.00
:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:​

·
Registered
81 Posts
Well alot of dealers are going to do this because they can...and believe it or not people will pay some of these addendum prices. Most of the dealers around here have a bump sticker of $1500-2500 on all their cars. We NEVER have bump labels on our cars, even on high demmand vehicles like the Prius were over the summer. Now, on a car like the Coupe MSRP is so close to cost I know why dealers do it, we will sell at MSRP or below just don't look for a huge discount!!

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I wont pay more than sticker. I will always go to a dealer who will work with me or simply I just wont buy it.

I definitely do NOT believe MSRP is close to dealer cost. If dealers arent making even for it to be worth while then why bother selling the cars???? You have to pay the bills around the dealer, sales men, detailers, service guys, etc...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Not saying there is NO markup but compared to Domestic and even Toyota, Hyundai's really don't have much mark up which is why other dealers have those bump labels. Just check out Edmunds, KBB, or any other site and you will see what invoice is on any new car. We won't ever mark up a car and we have earned a great reputaton because of this. Now if you want a great deal we always discount off MSRP but keep in mind you can't compare the thousands off some manufactures vs. Hyundai's discounts because the margin is much smaller:dunno:

You can PM me with any questions and I will be happy to help!!:wave:

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
This is the quickest way to kill the launch of a new car. It turns off all those that are excited and they wait and sometimes they end up just getting something else if they do not have time to play the wait game.

Ford literally killed the rebirth of the THUNDERBIRD with this kind of crap. It is a free market system and if dealers can get people to pay more, they should, but in doing so they alienate a lot of truly interested buyers who basically say screw it and move on. I think this is a BOLD move for a Hyundai dealer and I do not think they are in a position to try to gouge consumers in this economy. They should be happy to have a customer, not try to screw them.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did it have a spoiler and that stupid chrome on the bumper?

can you get a track version without that non-sense?
honestly the first thing i did was walk up to the sticker to see the price...

after i saw wat i saw i check if it was manual tranny and it was then turned around a walked to the parts department cause i needed to open a credit account with them from my dealer...

after seeing that price it ruined my day

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
honestly the first thing i did was walk up to the sticker to see the price...

after i saw wat i saw i check if it was manual tranny and it was then turned around a walked to the parts department cause i needed to open a credit account with them from my dealer...

after seeing that price it ruined my day
At $37k we're extremely close to Infiniti G37 prices, still less but not much and the value goes down to the point that many people will walk out the door and get the G37... I dunno, $7k over MSRP is ridiculous, shop around..

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I had to look at that 3 times for it to register

WTF, they have bumped their MF head. :flame:

And, if that's drugs causing them to think they'll get those prices, I definately want some of those drugs...LoL

I'm suprised a dealer even has one for sale yet, but I assure I would be waiting until they got down to MSRP at the very least.

Screw them, if they don't want to sell it, wait til more arrive & go elsewhere.

My dealership did the same thing with the sedan. They charged $5k over MSRP for the 1st stripped down one, asking $38,000. Well they didn't sell it for a month & fiinally dropped it to $3,000 over MSRP & sold it. After that they didn't sell another until they dropped them $1500 over MSRP & sold anotther in those following months. They finally dropped the price to MSRP & have sold another 1 or 2, but that's it. And out of those sold I've only serviced 3.

What's sad is we can't shop at another dealership or the owner will fire us. So, were stuck paying what ever sales is asking if we want a car that this owner supplies. Most of the time a customer off the street can get a better deal than me.

My brother is going to use a different connection I have through Hyundai & get his car as a demo. We have to wait until enough of these things are at dealerships, about 2mos. Then he has to keep it & drive it an additional 3-4mos. It can then be sold as a demo with 2-5k miles on it. Probably lower since this guy has moved up the Hyundai ladder & doen't drive much any more having to visit dealerships etc. It will retain the full warranty since it will still be considered a one owner vehicle. But the down side, we have to wait about 5mos to get his car & couple thousand miles on it. But, should save a pretty penny.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
At $37k we're extremely close to Infiniti G37 prices, still less but not much and the value goes down to the point that many people will walk out the door and get the G37... I dunno, $7k over MSRP is ridiculous, shop around..
well im not in the market for the 380 i want the 2.0, but sense i saw the car in the show room i wasnt just gunna walk by it lol
WTF, they have bumped their MF head. :flame:

And, if that's drugs causing them to think they'll get those prices, I definately want some of those drugs...LoL

I'm suprised a dealer even has one for sale yet, but I assure I would be waiting until they got down to MSRP at the very least.

Screw them, if they don't want to sell it, wait til more arrive & go elsewhere.

My dealership did the same thing with the sedan. They charged $5k over MSRP for the 1st stripped down one, asking $38,000. Well they didn't sell it for a month & fiinally dropped it to $3,000 over MSRP & sold it. After that they didn't sell another until they dropped them $1500 over MSRP & sold anotther in those following months. They finally dropped the price to MSRP & have sold another 1 or 2, but that's it. And out of those sold I've only serviced 3.

What's sad is we can't shop at another dealership or the owner will fire us. So, were stuck paying what ever sales is asking if we want a car that this owner supplies. Most of the time a customer off the street can get a better deal than me.

My brother is going to use a different connection I have through Hyundai & get his car as a demo. We have to wait until enough of these things are at dealerships, about 2mos. Then he has to keep it & drive it an additional 3-4mos. It can then be sold as a demo with 2-5k miles on it. Probably lower since this guy has moved up the Hyundai ladder & doen't drive much any more having to visit dealerships etc. It will retain the full warranty since it will still be considered a one owner vehicle. But the down side, we have to wait about 5mos to get his car & couple thousand miles on it. But, should save a pretty penny.

lmao

·
Registered
115 Posts
i sold VWs for a lil bit, and the ppl that thought VW was like domestics and inflated the hell out of the MSRP aggrivated the shit out of me!! we would show them invoice and on some models there was only $700 difference, as low as $200 on some hondas, and we didn't have any additional mark up, and THEY WOULD STILL ARGUE!! they were sure they could get it $4g under MSRP... some companies don't do that, simply because they don't need to, and hyundai is one of them. i would pay MSRP because i bet that its close to rock bottom and spending all day with different offers and goin back and forth and all that just isn't worth it to save $500... anyone should be happy to get MSRP ... no need to make car buyin so hard for everyone.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
WTF,

Tufast, that really sucks. You would think the owner would at least let you get one at invoice just to move product, get some on the road and let you rave about how much you love yours. That owner is either not very smart or just an A hole. And I suspect he really does not care much about his employees in general.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.