Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Knocking in my engine!! HELP

2392 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  renesis
Every time I startup the engine I getting a knocking sound that lasts just a few seconds. If I turn the ignition to on position and wait a few seconds before start up it sometimes wont do the knocking, it does make the sounds at every other startup. I change my oil two days ago 5/8/15 and the oil filter hoping the knocking would go away but it didn't do much. I called the dealer and they told me that knocking was normal. Im not convinced at all my car had never done that till just recently.

any ideas or anyone having the same problem??
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
After the car is warmed up it no longer knocks?

To find out which cylinder it is, use a stethoscope to listen to each cyl and check that one out. Pull the plug, check the gap, look to see if it is burnt badly and if you have a scope, look at the cyl walls for scoring. If it goes away when the car is warmed up, it may be normal as long as performance is unaffected and everything else is normal. How many miles are on the engine?
yeah after the car is warmed up it stops doing it. It only last a few seconds at start up. Thanks for the reminder on changing my spark plugs that's what I was gonna do this past weekend and it completely slipped my mind. My car currently has 70100 miles. No performance isn't affected at all I even feel an extra boost... :D
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.