Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Dude
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8CUQSeC-A&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Turbo review Part.01 (ENG Subtitle)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvzu0E9shFo&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0 Turbo review Part.02 (ENG Subtitle)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYP2Lgb_wkY&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 review part.01 (ENG subtitle)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ByOfBZDxs&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 review part.02 (ENG subtitle)[/ame]

·
Registered
155 Posts
ya that guy was a little annoying...he was bitching about everything acting like it was a damn amg mercedes or someting.......

-he was bitching about the shock and slight sliding he got when braking hard - dude it doesnt have sticky tires like that ofcoarse its gonna hit a slight slide if you brake to hard..!!!

- then he bitches about window rattling......its a 20k car its gonna have its give and take.......every evo i know has a dash/windshield rattle ive had 2 evo's and both had it from day 1! but its the sacrifice i made for having the best 2.0l on the market with one of the best handling cars/with a stout drivetrain!. besides clutch and synchros lol

- then he bitches about the manual tranny saying it its notchy and doesnt shift like butter!!......well fuckin welcome to the budget build homie.....drive a damn evo they have a notchy ass gotta put ur body into it shifting but at least u can feel everything in the tranny and road threw the shifter! its called driver confidence and being one with the road which is exactly what you want in a sports car!......i do know what he means about the synchos though evo's come with ones that go out when you do more high reving fast as lightling shifting high hp cars but guess what its a recall matter now and fully covered under warrenty.....and if cheap ass mitsu would warrenty that then i know hyundai most definetly warrenty it if they where to fail on an evo scale.

-the only cool things about this video where
-A) that he pulled about the brakes and found that they have a big taper on them...but they look exactly like evo/sti/350z/370z/cobalt/etc... pads so easy fix just slip in a set of thier pads which have less taper and your good to go.
-b) he acknowlegded that if you plan on modifying it...the 2.0l is the best buy which made me happy because that wat i plan on doing :-D

all in all they're are only 3 souces id trust revies from
-edmonds
-car and driver
-top gear/jeremy clarkson *he is a god* :groupbow:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts

·
Mini Speeder
212 Posts
i just saw the other review about the tuned 3.8.............
(the one with the [email protected]$$ carbon fiber spoiler)
and i just gotta say.... LOL........................................................
check it out on youtube cuz i dont know how to link it, but. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
this guy, he's like.. a large spoiler isn't my type... not my style... personally i dont like loud exhaust noises.... the loud exhaust noise is starting to stress me out...... LOL wtf is this guy doing.......

by the way, what car is NOT unstable at over 110 mph??
and please, the comment about the clutch on the 3.8?? it's the same on 350zs and other v6s
what is this guy doing reviewing my precious car?!??!?!!?

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Well, I'm not expecting stellar performance out of the box on the 2.0t, just want to know that it can be easlily modified. But, for someone not modifying their car, I would not even look at the 2.0L. I would buy the 3.8L, do I/E & tune. Why he even accepted driving the 2.0L w/that weak Asian 5sp A/T, I'll never know.

As for the windhield rattle, I work for a Hyundai dealer & can tell you that won't fly here in the states. So, I hope they've corrected that problem prior to the North American release. I personally would be dis-satisfied with the windshield rattle myself & would take it in to be corrected under warranty.

The brakes are trimmed down much more than I expected & after seeing the comparison, I know now that the pads & rotors will get upgrade to light weight 2pc rotors & some better pads. I think the caliper will do fine though. It seemed like he was insinuating that there was a pulsation when braking hard prior to entering the apex of a corner. I hope upgraded pads & rotors correct this if it is something unusual.

He stated the handling was not quite up to par compared to some of the competition that Hyundai is pitting this against. I hope the North American version's suspension is tuned in a little better to give more of that sports car feeling, I know it's supposed to be. The last thing I want is this thing to feel like the sedan with regard to performance & handling. But, once again, it will be getting coil overs eventually.

Anyways, this guy does always have a negative review compared to most others who review the Hyundai Genesis' vehicles. So, I'm guessing he's a little bias in the negative form & I take his comments in stride. I'll wait on the American reviews from much more recognized authorities. But, in the end, the imperfections he mentioned, except for the front glass, don't really matter to me or most of the enthusiasts on these forums, because most of these parts that he complained about will be upgraded to aftermarket high performance stuff anyway.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
i just saw the other review about the tuned 3.8.............
(the one with the [email protected]$$ carbon fiber spoiler)
and i just gotta say.... LOL........................................................
check it out on youtube cuz i dont know how to link it, but. HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!
this guy, he's like.. a large spoiler isn't my type... not my style... personally i dont like loud exhaust noises.... the loud exhaust noise is starting to stress me out...... LOL wtf is this guy doing.......

by the way, what car is NOT unstable at over 110 mph??
and please, the comment about the clutch on the 3.8?? it's the same on 350zs and other v6s
what is this guy doing reviewing my precious car?!??!?!!?
My bimmer good til around 130, then it makes me a little nervous. But it needs new struts & thrush rod bushings. They are not shot, just worn. But, at 100k, what do I expect...It's next on my list, along w/new lower control arms..LoL Hopefully after that, I'll be good up to 160mph.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
155 Posts
The brakes are trimmed down much more than I expected & after seeing the comparison, I know now that the pads & rotors will get upgrade to light weight 2pc rotors & some better pads. I think the caliper will do fine though. It seemed like he was insinuating that there was a pulsation when braking hard prior to entering the apex of a corner. I hope upgraded pads & rotors correct this if it is something unusual.

the breaks are trimmed like that to assist in breaking in evenly to prevent uneven wear and premature failier.
its just hyundai trying to save there own ass. but like i said just wait for your first set to go out and get evo pads. also when they do wear down u get more and more surface area with it so it wont be as bad after a few thousand miles *which is your engine break in period anyways*

also the shock in the breaks comes from those shitty tires activiatings abs sense they have no grip and start to slide the the abs things ur losing controlle and kick in a slight pulse this happend alot with my old raptor tires! the abs always whet off with a mild braking.....on my michelin pilot sport cup tires abd would only kick in in a very hard brake and on the stock advans, and my current falkens i only say abs when it rained and i braked hard and the tires hydro planed which set off the abs.

take his review with a grain of salt. if youve never felt brembos before then your in for a nice suprise

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
For all we know, these drives were on pre-production or early spec cars. It is concerning with the transmission. I would also like to see some tests on the 6 speed auto on the V6. I am sure US mags will like to get that one since it is the top of the heap. The weak suspension is not a good thing. Hopefully like Tufast said, they will get that dialed in better. I personally have no interest in dropping $1500-3000 into a DD sports car for nice coil overs. The suspension should be there for good performance from the get go. IMO if you need to upgrade all this stuff (tires, pads, shifter, engine, suspension), then the car is no bargain and you would be better to start with a better platform. We will have to see how US spec cars test out.

I know many plan on mods, but I am just looking for a performing DD. I am taking what this guy says with a grain of salt, who knows what his experience is and what he is comparing it to. I do not like the fact of how he says everything seems to lag like it is just a coupe version of the sedan with no sport feel. Too much VDC intrusion, throttle hesitation, shift problems. If that is the case then this will just be a better looking and more powerful TIBURON!!

Whether you like GM products or not, I can guarantee that the Camaro suspension will be killer, the thing was dialed in at the RING just like the Cobalt which hangs with cars twice its price. GM knows suspension. Just bringing this up again as to me this is more the target/comparable based on price and equipment.

It sounds like the COUPE is not on par with the Infinity. Which is fine with me for the price, but Hyundai is the one saying that, not the media.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
the breaks are trimmed like that to assist in breaking in evenly to prevent uneven wear and premature failier.
its just hyundai trying to save there own ass. but like i said just wait for your first set to go out and get evo pads. also when they do wear down u get more and more surface area with it so it wont be as bad after a few thousand miles *which is your engine break in period anyways*

also the shock in the breaks comes from those shitty tires activiatings abs sense they have no grip and start to slide the the abs things ur losing controlle and kick in a slight pulse this happend alot with my old raptor tires! the abs always whet off with a mild braking.....on my michelin pilot sport cup tires abd would only kick in in a very hard brake and on the stock advans, and my current falkens i only say abs when it rained and i braked hard and the tires hydro planed which set off the abs.

take his review with a grain of salt. if youve never felt brembos before then your in for a nice suprise
Yeah, I dislike those tires something fierce & will definately upgrade them once they are worn out. I'll probably go off of all your recommendations. I want a purely summer performance tire.

I've never owned decent brakes in my lifetime. My factory 540iMspt brakes are the best I've had to date & I think that they are phenominal. I can't wait to try these Brembos out & I will upgrade to a 2pc floating rotor once the factory brakes wear out. That will reduce overall weight at each wheel & rotational mass as well. I believe some improved rotors & pads placed within those Brembo 4pots should give me wood. I'm depending on you guys to give me some good recommendations on brands.

For all we know, these drives were on pre-production or early spec cars. It is concerning with the transmission. I would also like to see some tests on the 6 speed auto on the V6. I am sure US mags will like to get that one since it is the top of the heap. The weak suspension is not a good thing. Hopefully like Tufast said, they will get that dialed in better. I personally have no interest in dropping $1500-3000 into a DD sports car for nice coil overs. The suspension should be there for good performance from the get go. IMO if you need to upgrade all this stuff (tires, pads, shifter, engine, suspension), then the car is no bargain and you would be better to start with a better platform. We will have to see how US spec cars test out.

I know many plan on mods, but I am just looking for a performing DD. I am taking what this guy says with a grain of salt, who knows what his experience is and what he is comparing it to. I do not like the fact of how he says everything seems to lag like it is just a coupe version of the sedan with no sport feel. Too much VDC intrusion, throttle hesitation, shift problems. If that is the case then this will just be a better looking and more powerful TIBURON!!

Whether you like GM products or not, I can guarantee that the Camaro suspension will be killer, the thing was dialed in at the RING just like the Cobalt which hangs with cars twice its price. GM knows suspension. Just bringing this up again as to me this is more the target/comparable based on price and equipment.

It sounds like the COUPE is not on par with the Infinity. Which is fine with me for the price, but Hyundai is the one saying that, not the media.
Well, I know for certain that the U.S. version will have stiffer suspension. Plus we're getting larger anti-sway bars on our track models if I remember correctly. This guy is the only one that talked negatively about the suspension in Korea of those that have driven it thus far. Others have driven the GenCoupe & said that it felt like a G37. I don't think the performance of this vehicle will remind us of a Tiburon. If it does, I will be angry :flame:. Plain & simple, I'll wait til some reputable sources in the states drive it in 2.0t M/T, 3.8L M/T, 3.8L ZF A/T. I don't care for the 2.0t Asian 5sp A/T he test drove because that's a weak combo & I would never consider it or recommend it.:gay:

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
I agree.

I was looking through the brochure today and it talks about brake assist. Something about the brakes are applied harder than a person would normally apply them in a emergency situation. Maybe that is what was going on when the reviewer mentions the shock when the brakes were applied. Quick stop resulted in computer interference again.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
This guy don't have technical perspective or any idea of this car except his personal view. This reporter been one of annoying guy had many enemies made at Bobaedream auto portal site.

Thanks for info Lord, but I can't take his voice too long~~~~~

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.