Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, If I am reading this brochure correctly, the LSD is only available on the Track models? Am I to assume that the rest of the models are open diffs? I sure hope not!! Will almost certainly have to get the Track or see how big a deal it will be to upgrade.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems to me that to be taken as a serious sports car, this should be an option on any model. Open diff and RWD make for some serious crappy traction problems.

·
Registered
155 Posts
So, If I am reading this brochure correctly, the LSD is only available on the Track models? Am I to assume that the rest of the models are open diffs? I sure hope not!! Will almost certainly have to get the Track or see how big a deal it will be to upgrade.
i really hope the lsd option isnt only for track models!

i really hope they let you mix and match because my perfect genesis coupe would have
-HID lights
-front and back brembos
-lsd
-sun roof
-sound system
in either yellow, white, or silver :)

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what I am reading, we are both out of luck. I do not like the way car companies lay down these big package deals. All or nothing. Total upsell. I understand that when a car is coming from Korea, it makes it a little difficult to custom order with a lot of specific options but to at least have LSD as an option on a any RWD car is a must, especially a sports car!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
damn then im gonna have to wait for people to start crashing there cars to get these parts :-( or ask dealerships to put them on at the dealership and add those things to the car and the financing price before i take delivery of the car

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Track pkg to get LSD, but not too hard to upgrade, but no after market yet available. Give it a couple of months & there will be. There's already talk of one being developed.

i really hope the lsd option isnt only for track models!

i really hope they let you mix and match because my perfect genesis coupe would have
-HID lights
-front and back brembos
-lsd
-sun roof
-sound system
in either yellow, white, or silver :)
No mix & matching or selctive options. Just the 6 initial vairiations & later the 7th being the R-Spec

From what I am reading, we are both out of luck. I do not like the way car companies lay down these big package deals. All or nothing. Total upsell. I understand that when a car is coming from Korea, it makes it a little difficult to custom order with a lot of specific options but to at least have LSD as an option on a any RWD car is a must, especially a sports car!!
Companies do this to save money from not having to change over & reset the manufacturing machines for so many variations, therefore cutting costs & passing the savings on to us, the consumer.

Trust me, I would like to get mine exactly the way I want it too. But, instead will have to make some mods. If I could just get the R-Spec w/HIDs, I would be happy...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Manufacturer's LSD never gonna be good enough

Even with Track model, we should upgrade later anyway. Unlike Brembo for brake system, I doubt Hyundai Motor will put
KAZZ, Ralliart, ATC 1.5 or 2way for stock.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Having an open diff is not a bad option for everyone. It might even keep some people out of trouble as the rear end will stay in line more than it would for a LSD. If you guys really want a LSD but don't want the Track model, wait for the aftermarket to come around... we will most likely get better options down the road.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I'm going R-Spec, so it'll come w/LSD, Brembos, & tuned suspension. Like all my factory parts, when they break because of the excessive power or my abuse, I will upgrade at that point & time. I'm hoping BUSCHUR & the other tuners will have already pushed the envelope & I will know what to expect. I'll probably upgrade engine & M/T internal parts prior to going for big power though, don't want to damage those. But the rest, I'll let break, then replace it as needed w/an upgraded after market part.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OHGENESIS said the factory LSD is listed at $2800.00 That is hugely steep. Plus labor. That alone justifies the cost of the Track package, you get the HID's and Brembos for free.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
OHGENESIS said the factory LSD is listed at $2800.00 That is hugely steep. Plus labor. That alone justifies the cost of the Track package, you get the HID's and Brembos for free.
Yeah the whole rear end comes as a package, you can't buy the LSD separately through Hyundai.. hopefully the aftermarket will come out with a LSD unit for around 500-800 bucks. Labor to put that in will be around $200-400.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
155 Posts
bahumbug!!! i want it my way like burger king!!! lol

also ive never heard of a factory diff being bad. from any company and im sure hyundai wond be any different

u got
86 rwd corollas
87 starions
94 supras
93 rx-7
evo 1- 10
sti's
04 srt-4 neons
02 acura rsx type s
07 honda civic si

all these cars and way more have had factory lsd's which havent failed at resonable powers/launches/ activities *no including hard ass abuse like redline dump clutch launches*

hell even the weak ass 89-99 eclipse/laser/talon drive trains had one strong point in them and that was the lsd.

also while we're on a launching note.....i do sure hope that the 2.0t model comes with a 2step launch control.

when i first used to launch my evo i had it turned of and would get a best of maybe 1.8 60ft and after leanung how to use it properly with my e-brake i made 1.4-1,5 60ft's :bow:

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah the whole rear end comes as a package, you can't buy the LSD separately through Hyundai.. hopefully the aftermarket will come out with a LSD unit for around 500-800 bucks. Labor to put that in will be around $200-400.
Fortunately I have on of the best diff guys in the country right down the road in Richfield OH. He will be able to figure something out for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Fortunately I have on of the best diff guys in the country right down the road in Richfield OH. He will be able to figure something out for sure.
If it's Eaton you are talking about that would be awesome.. I would love to have a Truetrac option for the Genesis. Just put one in my Titan. The things are nearly indestructable, with a clutchless design so it never wears out and able to handle high HP applications..

Detroit Truetrac

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
If you guys get some specifics let me know and I can see what he thinks. Probably need some measurements or assembly manual or something to get some specs off of. Better yet, when OHGEN gets his tear it down and see what its got.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
If you guys get some specifics let me know and I can see what he thinks. Probably need some measurements or assembly manual or something to get some specs off of. Better yet, when OHGEN gets his tear it down and see what its got.

I'm going to make some inquiries to see if we can get an open diff that has been swapped out maybe we can send them a unit, that would probably work the best.. until then the service manual stuff on the diff is all I got..

·
Registered
139 Posts
i will get specs asap just because. i will be going to genesis coupe new model training soon and they might already have one torn down, depending on were its held at. if its at TRI-C they wont,if its at central region they probably will. last time i went they had a 4.6L with 200k on it torn out of a pre production genesis sedan.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.