Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I have a 2.0t Silver GC.. I've seen a few GC around, a black r-spec on 213 in Methuen, and 3.8 in silver on 93 north. I go to school at Salem state so im between there and methuen/andover/lawrence area.

maybe we can meet up, take some pics, i have PA tune and SRI in my car..

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm up in the Manchester area....love to get a meet going. I still haven't seen a single one up here...

We could find some pretty good mountain roads to bomb down I'm sure...

·
Registered
307 Posts
I'm actually on the Bedford - Merrimack line. I haven't seen you around, but I haven't been driving in Manch much lately.

We'll have to hook up once the weather gets better...

·
Registered
307 Posts
You don't want the fun of driving it in the winter? ;)

It does pretty good actually if you know how to drive in the bad weather and winter tires are a must. I throw my 100lb floor jack in the trunk if it's gonna be nasty.

We really aren't too far from spring...can't wait.

:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
My insurance is way less as well where I do less then 7500 miles a year. So all around it works for me.

My Tiburon I had was 6 yrs old and had 46k on it no rust what so ever. But I also had 25k in after market on it

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah...I hear ya. I may have a winter car next year, but I find it to sometimes be not worth the trouble. When it's really bad my boss will let us work from home and the other days if I need to I can take my GF's '05 Sonata. I'm crazy about keeping it clean in the winter though. As long as it hits over 33F, I'll be out there with a bucket of warm soapy water and the hose washing by hand. When I can't do that, I'll run it through the touchless place next door to my house. I also cover it every night if its not dirty...

·
Registered
21 Posts
salem state? i'm tooling around beverly! i saw a red GC a couple months ago in bev, but haven't seen one since. good to know that i'm not the only one who's using their GC in this crazy winter we've gotten.

snow tires + knowing how to drive in the snow = easy peasy. (course ESC doesn't hurt either :))

·
Registered
307 Posts
Yeah, it gets around with decent snow tires, but it can be a challenge. In the 3.8 at least it's hard to start of without much torque, even starting from second gear. I'll throw my 100lb floor jack in the trunk on the bad days, and take the gf's Sonata on the really bad days if I can. I drove one morning and the roads were black ice and I could feel the rear end shimmying around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.