Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are in dark days for sure for auto companies. I just got my newest MOTOR TREND. This is what they are saying.

"Mitsubishi, struggling to retain six digit annual sales here, is essentially a tax writeoff for Mitsu UFJ, one of Japan's largest banks. If and when the tax writeoff becomes marginal, Mitsu will pull out of the US market-perhaps out of the car business"

The news is not better for Subie. Having lost its connection with GM, Toyota will now help keep it viable, which means, potentially, future Subie models powered with something other than horizontally opposed engines. The joint venture with Toyota on the sport coupe is on hold, however.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Terrible news, because before long we will become dependant on Toyota, Honda, & Hyundai to supply all our transportation needs. Selection = Competition & if many manufacturers pull out, that limits the selection. LoL

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, since those are the two companies that basically own the US turbo car market, it is not good for the advancement of the species. GM and FORD on coming on with turbo and supercharger technology but with the new CAFE standards I see all performance cars in trouble in a very near future. GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I CANT IMAGINE GM HAVING ANY INFLUANCE ON THAT SUBJECT.THEY CANT EVEN KEEP THERE STORIES STRAIGHT WHEN ASKING FOR MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT. HECK THEY MAY NOT EVEN BE AROUND COME MARCH ONCE THEY BLOW THRU THERE LOAN MONEY!!!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Why ya yellin OHGENESIS or did you just forget to cut your caps off?

Back on subject. With Mitsubitshi & Subaru possibly pulling out, the big 3 going by the wayside, and Toyota & Honda no longer providing performance vehicles (no Supra, Celica, RSX, S2000, etc, etc), looks like the only companies left in the performance game will be Hyundai & Nissan in a couple of years.

·
Registered
139 Posts
just to comment on what trufast was talking about.i forgot to leave my caps off. i was stuck in my ADP web suite screen. sorry. im just hope hyundai continues to grow and not end up like fellow car companies.
i like the mitsu line because they have alot in comin with hyundai. subies have changed in another way they used alot of volvo technology in there cars. all car companies need one another to survive.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
just to comment on what trufast was talking about.i forgot to leave my caps off. i was stuck in my ADP web suite screen. sorry. im just hope hyundai continues to grow and not end up like fellow car companies.
i like the mitsu line because they have alot in comin with hyundai. subies have changed in another way they used alot of volvo technology in there cars. all car companies need one another to survive.

I agree hopefully the growth continues. That's why I think Hyundai is smart and doing a lot of advertising and marketing of their new cars while the other manufactures pull back. Unfortunately it's going to be tough going for all the auto makers and I think we will see some casaulties of war.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.