Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tis the season again!

So, [email protected] was gonna be in Montreal on Sunday, doing reflashes at HomeDepot. ManOnFire and I decided to drive up. The drive up was pretty uneventful: less than two hours from Ottawa, but I had to lead which is never a good thing:

I Think I'm Being Followed by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy.

Anywho. We arrived in Montreal after I suffered a near-miss (don't ask. Morons don't look when they back-up) and found our way to HomeDepot, where we found Weep, and Swipe514 already in attendance. We were joined shortly by JM_DUG, SSCouture, There were more: but I suck at names. I really have to work on that!!

Shining Rides by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Test Flight (SFR) by boozysmurf, on Flickr

more fine asses. by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Boozysmurf, ManOnFire, and SSCouture by boozysmurf, on Flickr

SSCouture & JM_DUG by boozysmurf, on Flickr

ManOnFire Front 3-4 by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Down Low by boozysmurf, on Flickr

DesignMine-Ottawa by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Group Shot by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Awaiting improvement by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Turbo Bootie by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Stretch by boozysmurf, on Flickr

Stretch II by boozysmurf, on Flickr

And that was it! It was freakin' cold: the wind was brutal, and we had to escape inside. Fortunately, that was after 3 hours, and there's a Harvey's inside, so it's not like the meet ended there. :D

Drive home, again, equally uneventful, except thanks to my new Canon G12, which has a liveview screen, and can easily be operated single-handed (I mean, on a mount in the car, with a remote, of course) I managed to get a few rolling shots of ManOnFire's car:

ManOnFire rolls by by boozysmurf, on Flickr

ManOnFire rolls by by boozysmurf, on Flickr

And by far my favorite shot, this one was an accident: It's hugely over-exposed, because I'd set for shutter speed, not aperture, and it just couldln't bring the aperture up high enough to even out the light. However, a little desaturating of the surroundings, and increase the already excessive contrast due to the over-exposure, and I think I'm on a good run for taking shots this summer! Make sure you never delete shots you think suck, until you get home and really take a look at them. Chance sare, you'll still delete them. But once in a while?

ManOnFire Exposure by boozysmurf, on Flickr

And that's first meet of the year for me! The Montreal guys are fantastic, and the OGC crew are gonna have to remember to include them regularly: we met 'em last summer in Ottawa, and there's going to be a lot of back-and-forth between Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal this summer, it appears.

Also, I've said it before.. the photo/video forum is turning into my personal playground. :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, got lucky with that last pic, looks really cool. Seems you guys had a great time even if a little cold.
HOLY CRAP was it ever cold. 015oC windchill, and I, like an idiot, wore a sweater and didn't throw a jacket in the back of the car.

Totally worth it, and I'm happy to have a little luck on my side when shooting, too. It makes up for any deficiency in skill. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.