Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
But that wonderfully balanced Hyundai? Those manual transmissions? Fanboy fantasy. When it comes to the real world, people buy high-content, automatic/V-6 pairings.
Fanboy fantasy? Oh lordy lord a manual transmission whatever shall I do???!!!! Well this review is pretty pointless. How do people in every other country survive having a manual in their daily driver?

Even if this comparison was with a manual transmission, I'd still agree with the results. Honestly the Mustang has a better price to performance ratio. So I was pretty surprised the GenCoupe won in their last comparison. I'd still buy a GenCoupe over a Mustang, but it's purely for subjective reasons and nothing numbers based.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Did I read this wrong? The GC was faster 0-60, faster in the quarter, stopped faster, got better gas mileage, has better lateral G's, did the figure 8 the fastest, but is the second place car, and has the best warranty? HUH? :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Did I read this wrong? The GC was faster 0-60, faster in the quarter, stopped faster, got better gas mileage, has better lateral G's, did the figure 8 the fastest, but is the second place car, and has the best warranty? HUH?
It was also the most expensive.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fanboy fantasy? Oh lordy lord a manual transmission whatever shall I do???!!!! Well this review is pretty pointless. How do people in every other country survive having a manual in their daily driver?

Even if this comparison was with a manual transmission, I'd still agree with the results. Honestly the Mustang has a better price to performance ratio. So I was pretty surprised the GenCoupe won in their last comparison. I'd still buy a GenCoupe over a Mustang, but it's purely for subjective reasons and nothing numbers based.
+1...

It was also the most expensive.
+1....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
162 Posts
. Honestly the Mustang has a better price to performance ratio. So I was pretty surprised the GenCoupe won in their last comparison. I'd still buy a GenCoupe over a Mustang, but it's purely for subjective reasons and nothing numbers based.
Did you read the article and see that the Genesis was better in all of the performance tests? Acceleration, braking, handling, fun to drive.

Now if we are going to compare a stripper Mustang GT to a loaded Genesis V6 coupe then yes, we have a problem. If we are comparing the cars in the actual shootout the Genesis did everything better. What holds it back in real world sales is the price of a loaded V6 is too high compared to the competition.

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
What holds it back in real world sales is the price of a loaded V6 is too high compared to the competition.
The way these cars are packaged hurts sales. People buying sports/performance based cars are more discerning on what they want and require options to build the car the way they want. The average buyer walks in and buys on budget and color. "Oh that blue one is cute, I like the lights" or whatever.

No LSD option on lesser models kills sales IMO. Too much crap in the top models makes them too expensive. They need to have 2-3 packages available. I want LSD, BREMBOS and wheels of the track. Oh yeah, the 2.0 Track is gone now. Well then I need to take the stripper R-spec. Yeah but I like cruise. ON and ON= NO SALE and the guy moves on. If you are spending close to 30k on a car, you want to get what you want, not what they give you.

·
Registered
290 Posts
The way these cars are packaged hurts sales.
I totally agree. I was interested in the 2.0T Premium 6MT, but now you can only get the Premium with the 5AT (the Premium has the sunroof, something you can't get on a Mustang). I also like the Mustang V6 Premium, but now you have to get leather seats with that model (it used to be an option). What do I choose now???

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
No, it's not the quickest, most fun, or loaded with the most character. But the Mustang happily marries each of these attributes into a liveable, realistic daily driver with little compromise. By a thin margin, we elect the Mustang the people's best ponycar representative
The Mustang is not the fastest car here. Nor is it the most eye-catching. Or the best handler. These traits we've already bestowed upon the preceding cars -- as well as their inherent downsides. The Mustang instead takes these qualities, lessens their ill effects just so, and blends them into an ideal mix.
It doesn't look better, drive better, accelerate better, brake better or get better fuel mileage & it's more dificult to navigate...yet still won. I guess it really rides that much better...j/k...I understand why they chose it but I keep hearing how great it is but according to this article it's not really any better than the Coupe. For $3000 (price as tested) difference I would still choose the Genesis. Considering I paid $29K (no nav) I would definately still go for the Coupe. :D

And while its character isn't as immediately gratifying as the Challenger's blast of Toxic Orange, the Mustang won't grow tiresome day in and day out.
Gotta disagree with this, tired of how it looks already and don't even own one.

I still take my hat off to Ford for upping their game. Kudos to GM and Chrysler for putting down better #'s than a year ago but I still can't go for the "retro" styling. Lack of visibility, poor interior and "tired" looks just ain't doin it for me. If it wasn't for the Genesis Coupe, I would be driving a truck.

Now Hyundai needs to follow through with the rumors, up the power and refine the car w/o raising the price. Dropping the 2.0 Track out of the lineup hasn't made me any happier but I still haven't decided against getting a 2012 3.8.

On a side note: I hate that the Coupe has been saddled as a "pony car". To me it's just not one. I know the price puts it there but other than the RWD 2+2 platform it has nothing in common with these cars. It doesn't look or feel like any of these things.

·
Premium Member
942 Posts
Blah to this article. I'm a M/T guy. :D

·
Registered
162 Posts
On a side note: I hate that the Coupe has been saddled as a "pony car". To me it's just not one. I know the price puts it there but other than the RWD 2+2 platform it has nothing in common with these cars. It doesn't look or feel like any of these things.
Actually the Genesis coupe is the most like the original Pony cars of all the test cars in this comparison. Lightweight, great handling, RWD with good power. The Mustang is the only other Pony car in the bunch. The Camaro and Challenger are Muscle cars through and through.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I hate that the Coupe has been saddled as a "pony car".
I'm sure Hyundai doesn't like the comparison either. They would like you to compare it to the G37, where it comes off as a bargain. Against the American competition, not so much.

I'm a M/T guy.
Amen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts