Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't know exactly where to put this so here it goes.:jump:

My brother, Rome, sold his 87' S-10 P/U today for $1800 & is now using my folks 96' Grand Cherokee til' he gets his GenCoupe. He's now got $4600 saved up for the down payment & would like to put $6 grand down. It'll still be a couple of months before he gets his. He wants to wait til' all the colors arrive, so he can see them in person. He's definately getting the 3.8L Track Pkg because he wants as much performance as possible w/o hurting the warranty. He wants sunroof, HIDs, leather bolters, etc. So, pretty much the fully loaded version. He's tired of shifting, so is getting the ZF 6sp A/T w/paddle shifters. He's decided on black so far from the pics, only because his S-10 was about the same color gray as the GenCoupe gray & he's burnt out on that color.

Anyways, I'm so stoked for him. I can't wait. He said the only mods he's doing is I/E & tune, that's it period. He likes the wheels, the performance features, the interior looks, & exterior looks. At least he'll be able to keep his warranty. I can't say so much for myself.:rolleye:

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
i have 6k waiting but im waiting on a few months to see how the 3.8 is supported by the aftermarket...Im over the whole small displacement turbo deal
I think you will see good support eventually but most of the support will be for the turbo 4, at least at first. Every tuner aftermarket company I know of is starting out with the turbo model.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tufast awesome! He can't go wrong with the loaded Coupe that's for sure. The Track package is a little more than I want in options (ie weight) but it's still going to be a strong performer.
He's not like me wanting a light weight super performer. Instead, he wants something that is on par w/the G37, as far as, comfort, feel, performance, looks, etc. He wants it to come loaded so it's all under warranty & he doesn't have to do a thing. He'll probably tint the windows at 1st & that's it. I'll probably be the one to buy his exaust system for him next X-Mas...LoL

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
He's not like me wanting a light weight super performer. Instead, he wants something that is on par w/the G37, as far as, comfort, feel, performance, looks, etc. He wants it to come loaded so it's all under warranty & he doesn't have to do a thing. He'll probably tint the windows at 1st & that's it. I'll probably be the one to buy his exaust system for him next X-Mas...LoL

Hey there is nothing wrong with keeping it stock... I don't think he will be disappointed, we checked out the G37's yesterday and they are nicer in some respects but the BK is just as nice in others. The big equalizing factor is the price. Every G37 Coupe we looked at was around $42,000.

·
Premium Member
10,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good stuff!

P.S. - Not sure if the V6 is different but.... I know the 2.0T track package isnt available with sunroof.
If that's the case, he'll probably have to skip out on the sunroof, because I know he'll want the performance over the sunroof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.