Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll bet this car will be insanely fast when modded. I mean , tell me about a twin turbo 6 that isnt. It's got 3.8 L, direct injection, and 2 turbos. It's likely massively de-tuned for fuel efficiency. I predict chips/flashes and exhaust on this thing producing 450 HP. I mean look what it does for the BMW N54. Not sure about the AWD / Haldex set-up and all, but still in a straight line from a roll this thing will be very fast (btw, what does it weight like 3800 lbs?).

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'll bet this car will be insanely fast when modded. I mean , tell me about a twin turbo 6 that isnt. It's got 3.8 L, direct injection, and 2 turbos. It's likely massively de-tuned for fuel efficiency. I predict chips/flashes and exhaust on this thing producing 450 HP. I mean look what it does for the BMW N54. Not sure about the AWD / Haldex set-up and all, but still in a straight line from a roll this thing will be very fast (btw, what does it weight like 3800 lbs?).
It's a 3.5 with twin turbos and even on low boost they where seeing 420hp so they cut it back for production. That is why it hit's peak torque so early and then levels off all the way to redline. They clearly start pulling boost just like BMW does with the 335. Fullsize cars are super heavy to begin with and then you add twin turbos, AWD and all the ammenities this class desires and you have a $38,000 base SHO that weighs a tank like 4000+lbs.

This drivetrain will be much more exiting in the Mustang which is also going to happen.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.