Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Which Hyundai Genesis Car Club name do you like best?

• Genesis Car Club (GCC) - By Sabbasaun

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Genesis Car Club (GENECC/GeneCC) - By PowerAxel

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Genesis Car Club of America (GCCA) - By Sabbasaun

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • Genesis Coupe Tuner Association (GCTA) - By Tufast

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • Hyundai Genesis Car Club (HGCC) - By Turbocoupe

Votes: 10 14.1%
29K views 70 replies 23 participants last post by  Tufast 
#1 ·
Well hot off the trails of our visit to the 2008 SEMA show we've decided to move ahead with our next endeavor. We are going to launch a Genesis Car Club! But we need all of you to help out. We have not decided on an Official name so give us some suggestions. We will then create a poll for everyone to vote on. We also need you all give us suggestions on what you all would like to see. Dyno meets? Autocross events? Cruises? Driving schools? Also we will be organizing a yearly Club meet somewhere in the United States, perhaps at the Hyundai Headquarters in California. So let us know your ideas remember this will be YOUR club so voice your opinion and let us know what you want.

Some suggestions so far for names:

Genesis Car Club
Genesis Car Club of America

Genesisforums.org staff

#6 ·
Great idea and inline with what we were thinking. Have Regional chapters around the country and if there is an International interest to do that as well.

I'm not so sure holding a yearly meet for the whole country in Cali is a great idea, thats like 4k miles to put on your car every year just for one even! I say meet in the middle!
I see your point about the distance thing. The only reason we brought up California was because Hyundai Motor America is headquartered there. Another location could be in Las Vegas? Maybe at the same time that SEMA is going on?

sabbasaun, that's a brilliant idea & I'm a little suprised we haven't already thought of it. I think it should incorporate all of the above: track meets, dyno meets, cruises, driving schools, & so on. I also agree with what the rest of you said regarding other chapters, global expansion, etc to help us grow. Luis, whats the acronym GCCA stand for (Genesis Coupe Club Association)? I think I like GCTA (Genesis Coupe Tuner Association) a little better, but that's just me. I also agree that meeting on the west coast would put many miles on our cars, besides costing a pretty penny in fuel. Maybe a big jamboree once a year in CA if that's where most of the members live. Not to mention Irvine, CA is Hyundai Motor America head quarters & it would get their attention & help with publicity of the car. But, other meets should be done in a more central location that's more of an equal drive for all of us.
Yeah GCCA for Genesis Car Club of America. I like that one because it includes the Sedans and Coupes. Personally I wanted to use Genesis Racing Club (GRC) but I didn't want some people to feel this club was only about racing. I definately think having regional meets would be cool and fun so as many people as possible can get involved in some way.

Anothe benefit of having a club is getting discounts on parts from aftermarket companies and like Tufast said bring some more brand recognition to Hyundai. It's similar to some of the BMW and Mini car clubs that are around the country.

#5 ·
sabbasaun, that's a brilliant idea & I'm a little suprised we haven't already thought of it. I think it should incorporate all of the above: track meets, dyno meets, cruises, driving schools, & so on. I also agree with what the rest of you said regarding other chapters, global expansion, etc to help us grow. Luis, whats the acronym GCCA stand for (Genesis Coupe Club Association)? I think I like GCTA (Genesis Coupe Tuner Association) a little better, but that's just me. I also agree that meeting on the west coast would put many miles on our cars, besides costing a pretty penny in fuel. Maybe a big jamboree once a year in CA if that's where most of the members live. Not to mention Irvine, CA is Hyundai Motor America head quarters & it would get their attention & help with publicity of the car. But, other meets should be done in a more central location that's more of an equal drive for all of us.

#8 ·
yeh i would model bmw/vette/etc car clubs in terms of during this. With sanctioned regional groups and stuff. We have a similar type of thing with nissan 240sx's as well. It also allows bigger exposure for companies to sponser.

I'd definately like to help out once i have my business setup, since its going to primarly service the genesis crowd.

#14 ·
Still, even if regional, we should have a once a year big meet so I can see you guys & your cars in person. That justs makes it easier when typing on the computer to imagine who your talking to.

#23 ·
Even though my suggestion is up there, I didn't vote for it. it's too restrictive considering this club is for coupe & sedan, plus may cross to other countries. It's obvious which one I did vote for, the only one that has received any votes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.