Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The official release is here, check it out!! Just download the Official Press release.. NO MORE PRICE SPECULATION THREADS!! WHOO HOO!!! Just going to post the pricing but you can download the whole press release and read at your leisure.

------------

Attachments

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
The V6 pricing seems high, at least it's higher than I would have thought by about $1,500 bucks... but I also just read the base V6 Camaro thread, and I guess when you look at the BIG picture it is not that bad of a deal... I'm also keeping in mind that a Mazda RX8 costs $32,000 and only goes 15.1 in the 1/4 mile.. the V6 Coupe at $25,000 should do the 1/4 in mid 13s... just trying to keep perspective

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'm actually thinking these are reasonable prices. Granted it is more than people were expecting when Hyundai made the claim they would have the most "affordable" 300hp sports car. But that is where many people get confused, they said most affordable not cheapest.. Affordable to me means "reasonable", which the Genesis Coupe is considering all you get with it.. Cheap is the GM Camaro... in every aspect! So people please put these prices in some perspective!!! The guys at Gencoupe just dont seem to get this, I got tired of reading the threads there... so narrow minded in my opinon.. ohwell...

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Haha now problem I've had a busy morning with all of the press releases.. it's fun though.. NO MORE PRICING SPECULATION!! I was getting tired of those threads..

lol
Yes, thank God.:bow:

why so expensive :(

i only have so much money...
I know it seems high audio, but this is not a cheap American made plastic crapper. I know alot of people wanted Hyundai to give these things away, but this is a lux sports car. Think about it & you'll see that it'll be worth every penny, "Value".

The V6 pricing seems high, at least it's higher than I would have thought by about $1,500 bucks... but I also just read the base V6 Camaro thread, and I guess when you look at the BIG picture it is not that bad of a deal... I'm also keeping in mind that a Mazda RX8 costs $32,000 and only goes 15.1 in the 1/4 mile.. the V6 Coupe at $25,000 should do the 1/4 in mid 13s... just trying to keep perspective
Yeah, I was hoping for cheaper, so, who wouldn't like to save $$$. But, in reality, these prices are exactly where I expected them & I'm happy with the results. If they were any cheaper, I think I would not see it as a prestigeous Genesis.

I'm actually thinking these are reasonable prices. Granted it is more than people were expecting when Hyundai made the claim they would have the most "affordable" 300hp sports car. But that is where many people get confused, they said most affordable not cheapest.. Affordable to me means "reasonable", which the Genesis Coupe is considering all you get with it.. Cheap is the GM Camaro... in every aspect! So people please put these prices in some perspective!!! The guys at Gencoupe just dont seem to get this, I got tired of reading the threads there... so narrow minded in my opinon.. ohwell...
+1....& I read that entire "last" guessing thread over there this morning & wanted to SHOUT, hey you call yourselves enthusiast. A real enthusiast looks at product 1st & price 2nd. This car is worth what Hyundai is asking. Like I said over there B4 I told them I would not be doing as much posting due to our own site's growth, if you are jumping ship because of that price point, well BYE.

This car is priced exactly where I expected. I told my brother to be ready to throw down $30 grand for a loaded 3.8L Track w/ZF auto & paddles. That's almost $10 grand less than a comparable G37. I was expecting to pay between $23-$24 for an R-Spec w/o the BS, & it's right on as well. Too many people were dreaming & convinced themselve Hyundai was going to cut their own throats on this. Some say with this price they have, but we'll just have to see. IMO I disagree, Hyundai wants you to think you are getting an upscale quality vehicle & in order to do that, they have to charge a little...LoL

P.S. For those of you that think your going to talk the dealer down on the MSRP, give it up. The sedan's been out for a long while & my dealership still has them marked up over MSRP, as do many. I don't think you will find many going below MSRP for a very long time. Just hope they don't tack on another $5 grand like my stealership did when the sedan 1st came out. I can't see paying $35 large for loaded GenCoupe.

P.S.S. This is the only car I was looking at buying anyway. There is nothing else out there, besides a Porsche 911 that I would want as much & it's out of my price league. The new 370Z maybe...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yup,

There has not been any discount or rebate on the Genesis sedan, so I would expect the same for the Genesis Coupe. It would be a while until you will see rebate unless they want to push it out to the Public to get more exposure.

I will be waiting for the second gen of the coupe before plunging in. The price may be higher but there might be more options and they got to fix all the bugs, especially this is the first Hyundai RWD coupe.

Peace.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Those prices are a little higher than I was hoping for, but they're right about where I expected them to be. I'm still planning on getting the 2.0 with the Track package, but depending on what Insurance is going for on these things, I might have to step to the Rspec to get my payments a little lower. I'm still sticking to my original plan of waiting till July or August to get mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If the R-spec drops 100 lbs off the weight of the car, I'll consider it but I can't see myself dropping all of the features of the track package just to save a few grand. I'll drive both and decide then but i go on road trips a lot and cruise control helps a lot with that. How much does it really weigh?

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup,

There has not been any discount or rebate on the Genesis sedan, so I would expect the same for the Genesis Coupe. It would be a while until you will see rebate unless they want to push it out to the Public to get more exposure.

I will be waiting for the second gen of the coupe before plunging in. The price may be higher but there might be more options and they got to fix all the bugs, especially this is the first Hyundai RWD coupe.

Peace.
Who knows if the economy keeps tanking the car may be cheaper or the same price with more available options.. but I'm not going to wait.. i've already got the ball rolling to get one and I like the features of the R-Spec... Also welcome to the forums! Tell us a bit about yourself in the Member Intros section. :)

Those prices are a little higher than I was hoping for, but they're right about where I expected them to be. I'm still planning on getting the 2.0 with the Track package, but depending on what Insurance is going for on these things, I might have to step to the Rspec to get my payments a little lower. I'm still sticking to my original plan of waiting till July or August to get mine.
Yeah insurance may be high on these cars, I wonder if any of the insurance companies even have this car in their system yet.. Hopefully they dont confuse it with the Genesis Sedan...

If the R-spec drops 100 lbs off the weight of the car, I'll consider it but I can't see myself dropping all of the features of the track package just to save a few grand. I'll drive both and decide then but i go on road trips a lot and cruise control helps a lot with that. How much does it really weigh?
For me it's the opposite, I don't need or want all of the Track features, just not important to me, the R-Spec is just about right, although I would have liked an HID option... for only being 1750 more than the base the R-Spec is a bargain...

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
The R spec is a good choice to get the performance goodies at a better price. You can always add aftermarket cruise control, something I would want for convenience.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The R spec is a good choice to get the performance goodies at a better price. You can always add aftermarket cruise control, something I would want for convenience.
I agree you can add some of these items later and still be ahead... Since the R-Spec doesnt come with steering wheels controls I won't have that much heartburn to get an aftermarket unit either..

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Steering wheel controls are nice but I find it just as easy to reach to the stack. The cruise to me is the only real issue. I just prefer it for the long hauls so I can enjoy the drive and forget the speed.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
me likey those prices i might go w/the base v6 since im planning to switch wheels etc neways ne one know if the base will come w/brembos and what the diffrent packages offer?
In order to get the Brembos or LSD or tuned suspension, you have to buy the whole Track pkg or R-Spec when it's released...Sorry..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.