Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i was browsing the korean genesis site, and managed to find the KDM prices... not sure if anyone's managed to post them up yet but here they are in both KRW and USD (at current exchange rates)

i know there are supposed to be 7 different configurations, but the korean site only lists 5. i will list them with the KDM names and try to figure out which american configuration they correspond to.

Genesis Coupe - 200 Turbo (2.0L i4 Turbo)
Genesis Coupe Turbo D - Genesis Coupe 2.0T
22,780,000 KRW - 16,447.31 USD

Genesis Coupe Turbo P - Genesis Coupe 2.0T Track
25,930,000 KRW - 18,732.22 USD

Genesis Coupe Turbo R - Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec
28,880,000 KRW - 20,863.35 USD

Genesis Coupe - 380GT (3.8L V6)
Genesis Coupe GT-P - Genesis Coupe 3.8
29,370,000 KRW - 21,219.73 USD

Genesis Coupe GT-R - Genesis Coupe 3.8 Grand Touring
32,750,000 KRW - 23,661.77 USD

Exchange rate estimates updated 2/5/2009

the KDM models don't seem to have the 2.0T Premium or 3.8 Track editions available, though this may change in the future

also keep in mind that most of the korean big businesses (hyundai, samsung, LG, etc) tend to have higher prices in korea than in america. one example is a samsung mp3 player i bought for a cousin, which was 150USD here in america, but would have cost her the equivalent of 250~300USD in korea. obviously the domestic market mark-up won't be as high on a car, but hyundai cars still cost more in korea than in america on average.

either way the numbers look good.. and those are the korean equivalent of sticker price!

·
Registered
166 Posts
That is excellent to see. The most common thing I've heard is that Korean prices are almost guaranteed to be higher than US. Even if they end up being about equal, that is a bit less than I expected. I may be able to get my 3.8 track for well under $30k after all.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Thanks Audio! That's some very insightful information. I know I've seen price lists before but these are quite a bit lower then what I saw a couple of months ago. One thing that concerns me is that It's hard to believe that a Base 2.0t will be right around the price of a base Elantra Touring. I know they are different cars in different classes but still I would think the Coupe would be more regardless. Maybe i'm overanalyzing it. :)

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
audibliss, thanks a mil. I just gotta a woody.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Have you been paying attention the the housing & automotive markets, they are still dropping & economists are saying that they will continue to drop. 6mos to a year from now you will be able to save an additional 10-20% on a house from right nows rock bottom prices.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Have you been paying attention the the housing & automotive markets, they are still dropping & economists are saying that they will continue to drop. 6mos to a year from now you will be able to save an additional 10-20% on a house from right nows rock bottom prices.
Yeah that's a good thing and bad thing. Bad because my house has lost almost 80,000 in value from a year ago and good because I can get a cheaper car with great financing terms like 0 percent for 60 months. Hmm I think i'd rather have the value in my house though.. :aargh:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
real estate market values will pick up eventually (who knows when? ogk) but you only have one shot in a lifetime to nab a good car for dirt cheap financing

or, if you're military and have veterans affairs support, you get a lifetime of dirt cheap financing -.-'

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
real estate market values will pick up eventually (who knows when? ogk) but you only have one shot in a lifetime to nab a good car for dirt cheap financing

or, if you're military and have veterans affairs support, you get a lifetime of dirt cheap financing -.-'
Yeah real estate should go up.. at least that's the theory...... if only I had a magic crystal ball....

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Guys buckle down, I don't see this economy getting any better for a while & I think housing prices will continue to decline, which is why I've decided not to buy a house until next fall. I've saved up 12 grand so far & think I can have another 8 by then, which should satisfy my 20% down on a foreclosed home. I figure to get a $140,000 home for about $100,000. I believe the economy will have an upswing in a year to a year & a half, but only temporarily, until the balooning payments on the homes that upper middle class investors bought trying to make a buck. Then we'll go through this all over again with the richer people taking the biggest hit (jimo). Upside, because of how many people will be affected in the end, it will equal the playing field, everyone will be equally poor in America. But, if the world does not end on 12/21/2012, we should be about out of it by then.

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Yeah I'm fortunate to have a good primary income stream and my work is not really effected by what the rest of what the economy does but I have friends who have lost their jobs already, seems like a lot of my friends are upside down in the home payments in ARMs and it's killing them. My buddy that is in the mortgage industry is also hurting, he's looking to get out of that field. So I guess we just need to keep staying the course and hope that things get better sooner than later.. well get better later after I buy the Genesis Coupe for $15,000 cuz the economy is so crappy! :)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Genesis Coupe - 380GT (3.8L V6)
Genesis Coupe GT-P - Genesis Coupe 3.8
29,370,000 KRW - 23,349.15 USD

SOLD!!!!
That is a HUGE bargain if they can get teh V6 to that price point.
If Hyundai is going to keep their promise of being the cheapest 300hp sports car the V6 base model needs to come in under $23,000 to compare with the Camaro.

Interesting sidenote, if someone were to buy a Coupe in Korea at 29,370,000 KRW, you would only need to bring $21,117 to Korea. This is because the Korean WON is getting weaker against the US dollar. Right now the exchange rate is $1 dollar is 1390 WON.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Do I sense a massive road trip....Or should I say plane ride
LOL Man that would be hilarious... but if you think about it, say the US prices are more than expected, what would it cost to import one and have it shipped to the states? ah bah then you'd probably have to deal with a bunch of tariffs and duties and taxes, it wouldn't be worth it to do that.. nvm

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.