Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Should Hyundai Sponsor Rhys' Millens SEMA car for racing events?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first ever Genesisforums.org petition. What's this petition for?

We want to let Hyundai know that we as enthusiasts want to see Rhys Millen in some type of racing avenue (example: Drifting) using the Hyundai Genesis Coupe in 2009.

All you have to do is go to the link below at petitiononline.com and add your signature. Perhaps with our collective effort we can convince Hyundai it would be a mistake NOT to let Rhys Millen drive "The Art of Speed" Genesis Coupe.

Let's make this happen!

Petition: Rhys Millen Hyundai Genesis Coupe Petition

Thanks!
-------------------
In addition if you'd like to sign up and vote in our poll feel free to do so!.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tucson, AZ

Like I already said...this needs to happen

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
Hyundai, you would be missing the publicity opportunity of a lifetime, don't let this pass you by. We as enthusiasts of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe want this, to be able to brag on Hyundai and the reprsentative car that makes us all want to own one. I work for one of your numerous dealerships and have for over 10 years. I've seen how this company has grown and gotten recognized. This is just one more step in the right direction. Hyundai has been willing to take chances, which is part of what has gotten them where they are today, don't stop now. We want Rhys Millen to be our representative driver and it's up to you to make it happen.
Thanks

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi I registered to vote for this... not many people interested?!?!?!?!? I would really like to see Rhys Millen drifting this. Previously I hoped that Robbie Nishida, Tyler McQuarrie or Daijiro Yoshihara would get this but since two of them are now in Falken Drift team and Rob has an awesome Z33, I'd love to see Rhys Millen doing it for us.

Oh yeah I'm from Sydney, Australia... soon to be in Pasadena CA

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
To race certain competition, the company must see possibility to achieve the car's best potential by reviewing the regulation in terms of (1) classification (some don't have homologation for this car, since its not officially launched in USA), (2) entry levels like unlimited FR, limited FR, Street FR classes which there are so many cars in this category like Honda S2000 240hp n/a, Acura RSX 200hp n/a, Lancer Evo 4wd 300hp turbo, Subaru Sti 300hp turbo 4wd etc., (3) gross hp vs weight ratio to see any advantages....and on and on...

My experiences are from Korean Automobile Racing Association work under Tuning Committee.

Consider above issues, what if race team do not win once for full year. Oh....I think Rhys is best driver, but car may not be at full potential at the moments. 3.8 may be better advantages starting with 303hp I think?

If the car wasn't born to drift like AE86, it take time to make the car to move drift style which means need car to setup to act whatever driver demands.

Within next 3 months to prep additonal race spec for engine, test, race, I think its very difficult to consider.

Cool guy doing well with Pontiac Solice or something car, don't want to see him suffer w/o good result. My opinion.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
PoweRAXEL, I agree, I don't want to see Rhys lose or even do poorly. It would be negative publicity for him & the vehicle, but he built this car & feels that it can compete, at least on some level. He did say that he would drive it, but it was up to Hyundai now to decide that. Being realistic, if he does race this car, he may not do as well as most would hope since this is a new combination for him & the car. I would expect some break in time to allow him to get aquainted with the vehicle, but then it would have to happen sooner or later. I'm not pretending I know anything about drifting or much about racing in general, although I do know some about driving. I'm just looking at it logically & I think it would be great publicity to get Hyundai's name out there on a car with a driver like Rhys. But, if it's not feasable nor is there a possibility of him winning due to the shear mass of this vehicle, then I agree he should not race it. But, I'm hoping that isn't the case.:read:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.