Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A busy day for sure, Hyundai has released to us the Official R-Spec Specifications list!!! Check it out!! Aren't you glad the speculations are now over?!?!?!
--------------------------------------------------------

Hyundai Debuts a HIGH–PERFORMANCE BLANK canvas for tuners:
GENESIS COUPE R-SPEC

CHICAGO, Feb. 11, 2009 – When the colors of your new turbocharged rear-wheel-drive sport coupe are named after international racing circuits, you’d better have the performance and confidence to back it up. Now, Hyundai is upping the ante by announcing an R-Spec version of the all-new 2010 Genesis Coupe, designed to appeal to true enthusiasts who want a low starting price and the ability to tune their car to their own specifications. R-Spec will be available as a mid-2010 model year introduction.

R-Spec provides genuine track-readiness in an affordable model. The R-Spec adds core performance equipment to the most affordable 2.0T model, such as: Track-tuned suspension, 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with performance summer tires, Brembo® braking system, Torsen limited-slip differential, and R-Spec badging. To further reduce cost and weight, it also eliminates some non-essential convenience equipment such as: Bluetooth®, automatic headlights, cruise control, trip computer, chrome interior accents and steering wheel audio controls. The Genesis Coupe R-Spec will be priced at $23,750 and $3,000 less than the 2.0T Track model, leaving tuners with extra cash for their own choice of aftermarket performance upgrades. Appropriately, the R-Spec will be available in three performance oriented exteriors colors: Karussell White, Bathurst Black and Tsukuba Red.

R-Spec equipment includes:
· 2.0-liter low-pressure turbocharged intercooled four-cylinder engine with dual continuously variable valve timing delivering 210-hp, an estimated 30 mpg EPA highway rating and a top speed of 137 mph
· 6-speed close-ratio manual transmission
· Electronic Stability Control with Traction control, ABS, Electronic Brake-Force Distribution and Brake Assist
· 19-inch gunmetal-finish alloy wheels with staggered-width high-performance summer-compound Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires (225/40YR19 front, 245/40YR19 rear)
· Brembo® braking system with 13.4-inch ventilated front rotors, 42mm four-piston fixed front calipers (red), 13.0-inch ventilated rear rotors, 32mm+28mm four-piston fixed rear calipers (red)
· Track-tuned suspension (higher-rate coil springs, higher-control shock absorbers, 25mm front stabilizer bar, 22mm rear stabilizer bar, front strut brace)
· Torsen-type limited-slip differential
· R-Spec badging
· Quick-ratio hydraulic steering (2.7 turns lock-to-lock)
· Tire Pressure Monitoring System
· Front, side, side air curtain air bags
· Active front head restraints
· Driver’s lumbar support
· Air conditioning
· Remote keyless entry system
· Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
· Power windows (one-touch up and down), door locks and mirrors
· AM/FM/XM/MP3/CD audio system with six speakers
· iPod/USB/Aux jack connectivity
· Projector beam headlamps
· Lightweight temporary spare with aluminum wheel (T135/80D18)
· Note: Automatic transmission not available with R-Spec

HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 780 dealerships nationwide.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
If this was true track they'd leave out the ac system, thats 100+ in weight saved and more power as it's parasitic loss on the engine. Don't need ac just put your windows down or use the fan. Maybe add in electric power steering to free up more power on the engine instead of hydrolic.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I'm happy, just what I expected....

You're right gman, the a/c system & stereo should of been completely left out. And switching to electric P/S would saved another 5hp.
But, I'm kinda glad they left that stuff in since I may drive it more than just to the track. But, then again, if they took that stuff out, I would still be getting the R-Spec...LoL
Yeah these are REALLY good prices in my opinion, I for one am glad they are leaving the AC in... I also wish they left the bluetooth in but that's just me, I can get an aftermarket one for $100 bucks..

I wonder if they will consider a completely stripped down version, no power options and a/c delete.. now THAT would be the ultimate track car.. and come at $18,000? :)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Man I dont know who thought that was good idea but its all screwed up. They left out dumb stuff and kept other items that should have been removed.

Bluetooth® $40 wieght? 2lbs at the most
automatic headlights $400 5lbs
cruise control (the only logical choice)
trip computer (wow really?)

Shoulda taken off the TPMS, not need on a track car.
Well I guess my points are moot as based on what I see, I think the Track model is for me. I need my sunroof and power seats =)

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man I dont know who thought that was good idea but its all screwed up. They left out dumb stuff and kept other items that should have been removed.

Bluetooth® $40 wieght? 2lbs at the most
automatic headlights $400 5lbs
cruise control (the only logical choice)
trip computer (wow really?)

Shoulda taken off the TPMS, not need on a track car.
Well I guess my points are moot as based on what I see, I think the Track model is for me. I need my sunroof and power seats =)
Yeah I am not totally agreeing with some of their choices either, but more important to me is getting the Brembo's and the track suspension for only around 1700 more, that's a bargain in my opinion.. If I want to get a better stereo that integrates bluetooth I can do that, cruise control not a big deal and aftermarket trip computers exist also.. I guess looking at the big picture not THAT big of a deall...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just have Rhys Millen racing build you track model that car he's putting togother with red bull and hyundai is sweet, better looking than the "Art of Speed" Sema car to me.
I liked both, obviusly the Art of Speed was a one time deal for SEMA, but the Red Bull BK is pretty cool in my opinon... together with Hyundai i think this will bring a lot of exposure to the motorsports and also for Hyundai..

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Premium Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.